Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Google Chrome OS?  (Read 656 times)

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Google Chrome OS?
« on: February 21, 2019, 10:06:52 AM »
Another OS? Google Chrome, anybody know anything about it? I thought WIN 8 was bad. I see it's linux based and uses the Chrome browser as a user interface. How the hell do you get it to do anything useful?

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online NFCphoneman

• Jacksonville Telephone Systems
Re: Google Chrome OS?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 01:57:39 PM »
You just use it to browse the internet.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 03:08:56 PM »
Ed's topic about the Amazon Fire Tablet made me think to post this. Both will run some Android apps but other than that and surfing the web it looks to be useless. Without internet connectivity most of it's functionality is lost.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline Skip555

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 04:22:32 PM »
Im online on a Chromebook I love it but there is a WIN 10 laptop sitting next to me for work . there is  no storage on the chromebook so yes without web connection there is little you can do ,its a internet device . Google Does have a android OS that is used for other purposes such as IoT

the kindle Fire is not pure android  it wont run all Android apps ,the lenovo tablet I mentioned in that thread will run all andorid . the Fire tablet and other android tablets have storage and you can do things offline once I download a book I can read offline  (since I do a lot of library books I put the tablet in airplane mode so I can finish reading once the loan expires )  I can download and watch movies from netflix offline for when I travel

Suzi runs a non profit and we have 10 android tablets in the field that run a app without internet once the tablets connect to WIFI they upload the data to a spreadsheet online
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84