Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PDF Document Merger Application (Free Ware)?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline TexasTechnician

PDF Document Merger Application (Free Ware)?
« on: August 29, 2018, 12:46:27 AM »
I have been searching for an application which will allow me to merge PDF documents that is Free Ware and is one that I do not have to perform the task online.

Not that my documents are Top Secret or anything but I'd rather not put them online even temporarily.

Online Keighlar

Re: PDF Document Merger Application (Free Ware)?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 07:12:05 AM »
This site might help?

https://www.ilovepdf.com/
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 01:51:09 PM »
Thank you Stacey. I'll check it out.

Online Keighlar

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 05:43:55 PM »
I use it pretty often and have had no issues with it yet.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 07:18:32 PM »
I purchased an Epson Workforce DS-40 this afternoon and it included an application called ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint and I think it will do exactly what I need to do. It's actually a pretty powerful application.

It will allow me to add pages to an existing PDF and it will allow me to split them as well.
It allows me to save the scanned documents as searchable PDF's but that part doesn't work out so well because of my hand writing I suppose. But then again I sometimes have trouble recognizing my own hand writing!  :002:

Online Keighlar

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 08:00:07 PM »
ABBYY is an awesome application.  Can't go wrong with it.
Dr Seuss

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 08:40:19 PM »
Bobby, if you need a copy of Nuance PDF Converter Enterprise, just let me know.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 11:36:08 PM »
Stacey, I have been very impressed by it so far. I scanned the receipt for the scanner tonight and since the paper was extremely over sized in length (Because of the Staples survey and coupons) I folded the receipt and scanned it upside down and the application automatically rotated the resulting document for me. I have seen the "Auto Rotation" feature before but it was only on scanner applications that cost big $ associated with scanners that also cost big $.

Trace, that application looks impressive. I like anything that helps me go as "Paper Less" as I can and my clients seem to appreciate it as much as I do.

This could probably turn into another thread but here goes, I'm not 100% paperless and I am aware that there is really no way to be 100% paperless but I try to get as close as possible whenever I can.

I send the majority of my invoices to clients via E-Mail (PDF Files with a built in feature in my invoicing application) and thus far my clients prefer them over paper invoices sent via "Snail Mail" because they have instant access to them (Allows them to close their books faster at the end of the month) and a permanent record without having to scan them on their end and it saves me the postage fees, paper products, & ink as well.

I have done 0 research on electronic payments and I'm not too keen on paying credit card giants a percentage of MY money in order to receive payments but that is among the list of my future goals.