Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Small Key System Recommendation?  (Read 4382 times)

Offline TexasTechnician

Small Key System Recommendation?
« on: June 19, 2018, 09:58:11 PM »
I am getting back into telephone system installations and I need to provide a quote for a new small key system for a long time client. The last system I installed was the Vodavi Star Plus XTS but it is no longer in production. I'm looking for a comparable system. I have been looking at the NEC SL1100 and so far I like what I see. The client does not need or want anything more than the Vodavi had. Such as voice mail with Auto Attendant along with the standard bells and whistles of a low end key system.

The client does not need or want VOIP and they do not want to purchase a system that requires any sort of licensing fees what-so-ever.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Keighlar

Re: Small Key System Recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:08:36 AM »
The SL1100 is EOL, but the SL2100 is going strong and is the direct replacement for it.  It's a great little system with which I'm very familiar.  Licensing is turn on and done.  If you need any information or help with it, just let me know.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 02:39:17 PM »
Thank you Stacey. I have received a quote for the SL2100 today. However, the quote did not contain a card for analog extensions. Is there a card for them? The client want to connect two standard cordless telephones to the system.

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 07:03:12 PM »
You should have an 082U card (BE116506).  This card has 8 digital and 2 SLT ports.  If you need another set of eyes on the quote, just let me know.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Online EV607797

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 09:18:25 PM »
Bobby, we sold the Vertical SBX for a while and had great results with it.  Unfortunately, it too has been discontinued and replaced with their Summit 80 and 800 systems, reasonable replacements for the STSe and XTS.  None of the components are compatible, but the phones are, so your STSe or XTS customers can use their phones on these systems without limitation.  There is a certification process in order to sell the Summit, but it's on-line and at no cost, and your dog could pass it.

Programming is similar to the XTS, has a nice web browser-based programming tool (no laptop software required), and of course, programming through a phone.  IP remote phone support and networking are strong as well.
Ed Vaughn

(910) 833-6000 (V)   (540) 623-7100 (C)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 03:13:36 PM »
Thanks again Stacey. There was a BE116506 in the quote and I just missed it. I will be glad to scan and email the quote to you so you can let me know if I'm forgetting anything if you'll pm your email address. If your company sells systems to out-of-state installers I wouldn't mind purchasing the system from you guys depending on shipping costs. If they don't want to sell to other installers I totally understand.

That's good information Ed. Thank you. I will definitely look into that system so I will have another option. It appears to me that manufacturers are pushing VIOP instead of small key systems these days. At least it seems that way to me.

The problem the client is having at the moment is the telephones themselves and they do not want to buy refurbished at all. I'm not sure what happened with that but if they want new phones then new phones they will get.  :003:

Offline ttech

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 04:55:08 PM »
Another nice thing about the SL2100 is it has 4 ports of voicemail built in and if you get the Chassis Expansion for the base cabinet, even if you don't add any expansion cabinets, it jumps up to 16 ports of voicemail.  And... the card is inexpensive. 

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 07:37:36 PM »
Yes Sir, the built in voice mail was a factor the client took into consideration when looking at the cost of the system.
Every little bit helps when it comes to selling a system.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »
Bobby, I buy the NEC through Teledynamics in Austin and highly recommend them.  Both Dave and Wayne have good reps over there.  Plus with them being close, UPS Ground will be on your doorstep tomorrow.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online EV607797

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 10:47:11 PM »
Bobby, I forgot to mention:  The Summit also comes with built-in voice mail, although both the small and large system versions offer storage capacity expansions if needed.  The thing that I like about it the most is that for each 4 X 8 CO/Station card, there are also four SLT extensions (4X8X4) in the small (Summit 80) system.  Since you can add up to two of these cards to the basic KSU, that's an impressive station port count for a system priced on the low-end.  With an expansion cabinet, that capacity doubles to 48 digital and 24 analog station ports, plus 24 POTS COs or a PRI and 12 POTS.  Since the programming is similar to the flash programming that we're accustomed to, I welcomed it warmly.
Ed Vaughn

(910) 833-6000 (V)   (540) 623-7100 (C)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Offline Skip555

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 07:38:30 AM »
Another fan of the SL2100 Register at  NTAC there are a lot of videos there and they offer online SL2100 certification . Tech support is really good too through NTAC
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 11:16:40 AM »
Thanks guys. The Summit looks like a nice option for the future too.
Trace, I used to buy from those guys many years ago and I recall they were nice to work with.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 11:23:31 AM »
They have had good pricing as well, Bobby.

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 09:10:23 PM »
Update: The client gave me the go-ahead to order the NEC system for them today!

Thank you all for the advice and input.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 10:12:15 PM »
If you haven't programmed one before, I might suggest a large bottle of your favorite whisky.