Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Samsung OS7200 4.46a first DLI Port misbehaving  (Read 3605 times)

Offline matherton

• Houle
Samsung OS7200 4.46a first DLI Port misbehaving
« on: June 15, 2010, 11:34:08 PM »
Just cut over a 7200s today (pulled out a Nitsuko OnyxVS), have an interesting problem with the very first DLI port, first card (in slot 1) of 16DLI card.  System is running 4.46a software.  Trunks are analog (6 of them) no CID.  All phones are iDCS 28d with 14 button add on module.

First port is only port exhibiting problem:
Incoming call rings group 501, which has offending port plus 5 other phones (all other phones behave properly).  First port (extension 300) answers call, puts call on hold (DT key flashes green) and does overhead page.  (note, that when incoming call happens, neither the trunk key flashes, nor the call key, display shows "call for 501")

Call is picked up on any other phone normally, but DT key on 300 continues to flash green.  DT key will flash forever, even after trunk call terminates.  Reception sees green key flashing, presses DT key and hears dial tone, thinks call was lost.

I have swapped phone, defaulted KSU and programmed enough info to re-create with default via keyset - same results.  Move phone to other port and re-program with DN300 so reception can work - phone operates properly.

Anyone else experience this with the 7200s?
Marty Atherton

Was a Samsung 'expert' * Panasonic * Grandstream * Ascom TeleCareIP Nurse Call
Tunnel vision to retirement

Offline WRichey

• Administrator
    • R&W Communications
Re: Samsung OS7200 4.46a first DLI Port misbehaving
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 06:35:05 AM »
I have similar circumstances, but not with a 7200s. The ones that I have noted were and are all 7100's. It seems to be a software corruption I can not find. Apparently there is a similarity with these Samsung 7000 series systems. Both yours and mine are exhibiting these types of activity and they are both of similar configurations.

The 7200s is a 7100 with a larger configuration so maybe there is the connection.  :059: :059:
R&W Communications LLC. A true leader is born of circumstance, not voted in or hired.

Offline matherton

• Houle
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 07:22:55 AM »
Yeah the 7200s is the same proc card as the 7100 but with expanded BIOS to handle more slots.

I'm not convinced its database corrption, as I had defaulted it and programmed in via keyset just enough program to reproduce the problem on a default database - and it was still there.  I'm thinking either a BIOS or Operating System bug.  I will be opening a Samsung trouble ticket to see what they say.  Good to know someone else is also experiencing this issue so its not "new".
Marty Atherton

Offline UnleashedNetworks-1

• Pro Shop Member
    • Unleashed Networks
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 07:56:13 AM »
I was warned by a person at Xeta about 3 months ago that they are aware of that issue on the 7200S.  If you can shift the card out of the 1st slot that would solve the issue, they may have a patch in place now though. 
Tom Hall
Unleashed Networks

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 08:02:42 AM »
I just checked my Known Issues list from April and this is listed. As of this time, Samsung does not have a fix or work around.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Offline matherton

• Houle
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:02:27 AM »
Yeah Marc, I also just found the listing in the Known Issues.  Should have checked there first... 
Marty Atherton