Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: System Call Log  (Read 1609 times)

Offline gregklaus

System Call Log
« on: February 07, 2018, 11:15:38 AM »
We are having some issues with "no ch available" on a specific trunk. Doesn't happen all the time. Our provider (Cox) says the calls are not reaching their system when this happens. The attempts when no channel available happens never show up in the SMDR.

I've found the System Call Log (6.7.1) in DM but don't exactly understand the format. I'm hoping the log can help track down the error(s).

Is there any documentation regarding the layout of this file?
Is there a way to capture this file similar to the SMDR data?

Thanks in advance!
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." ~ Albert Einstein

Offline PieTelTec

• Pro Shop Member
    • Pierce Telecom & Technologies
Re: System Call Log
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 03:57:54 PM »
Is this on a T-1/PRI Circuit? Is cox prviding a T-1/PRI handoff? or is there a programming error when the system thinks that trunk is a T-1/PRI channel and it should be an analog trunk. Might want to check the trunk group and make sure you don't have a T-1 trunk in a group by mistake. I know in our reqion part of which is serviced by Cox and part is serviced by Charter. Neither are offering PRI or T-1 Handoffs from their system.
California Public Enemy Number One - A White, Heterosexual, Self Employed, conservative gun owner.