Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Traditional Antivirus Solutions Fail 40% of the Time  (Read 884 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Traditional Antivirus Solutions Fail 40% of the Time
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:57:29 AM »
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Traditional Antivirus Solutions Fail 40% of the Time
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:29:55 PM »
We've touched on this before.  Has anyone here had any experience with any whitelisting applications?
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 04:44:13 AM »
Samsung has been using this for a while.   You have to white list any IP address you want to use including their in-skin voicemail.   If your not careful you can lock yourself out of the switch!  PCMatic claims to use this technology.  I did try them for 6 months and was not impressed. 
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:13:06 AM »
Samsung has been using this for a while.   You have to white list any IP address you want to use including their in-skin voicemail.   If your not careful you can lock yourself out of the switch!  PCMatic claims to use this technology.  I did try them for 6 months and was not impressed.

We do a lot of that at the firewall level, but I was under the impression that the AV solution of this wasn't IP related, but signature of the exe related. 
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 02:59:02 PM »
I was under the impression that the AV solution of this wasn't IP related, but signature of the exe related. 

Correct!    I don't remember what PCMatic is/was doing.

K4LRM

www.lscg.net