Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deloitte Hit With Cyber Attack  (Read 658 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Deloitte Hit With Cyber Attack
« on: October 02, 2017, 07:28:28 AM »
https://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2017/09/26/deloitte-hit-cyber-attack/?deloitte=&ad_id=505243&share-ad-id=1

Cyber criminals infiltrated one of the world’s “big-four” accountancy firms, Deloitte.  It is believed the attacks wormed into the system in November or December of last year and remained undetected until March of 2017.  During this time, the hackers were able to access the company’s email systems, and potentially obtained usernames, passwords, IP addresses, architectural diagrams for businesses and health information.

And it took until this October for us to find out about it!

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Re: Deloitte Hit With Cyber Attack
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 08:51:48 AM »
Makes you want to keep all your vital information on floppy discs under your mattress.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 10:44:40 AM »
One would think the opportunity there would have been insider trading.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 12:10:54 PM »
We don't need no stinkin' insider trading;  SEC Breach Could’ve Led to Illegal Trade Gains

https://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2017/09/25/sec-breach-leaves-doors-open/?secbreach=&ad_id=505242&share-ad-id=1
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 12:14:03 PM »
Makes you want to keep all your vital information on floppy discs under your mattress.

-Hal

https://askleo.com/can-rely-online-service-providers-backups/?leo-trustedbackups=&ad_id=505245&share-ad-id=1

Can I Rely on My Online Service Provider’s Backups?

If your data is kept only with that one online provider — be it email, online photo albums, online music collections, generic “cloud” storage, or more — there’s a good chance you really have no backup at all.

The key is this: the backups online services make aren’t for your protection at all; they’re for the provider’s.

K4LRM

www.lscg.net