Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Apple computers  (Read 881 times)

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Apple computers
« on: May 03, 2017, 10:07:12 PM »
Anybody (besides Sam) think they are a PITA? Friends of mine have replaced their Windows machines for their business with Apples except for the one they have Quickbooks on. Now, these guys aren't really computer literate  but they were a heck of a lot more knowledgeable about Windows. When they had problems I could help but now even I scratch my head at these damn things. We all have iPhones (which is why one of them decided to switch), the interface is fairly intuitive-  press the home button to get out of something and go back. But the computer interface is horrible. Despite having these for several months now neither of these guys is any good at navigation and neither am I. God forbid you need to get into the file system. Say what you want about Win 10 but I would take it any day over that.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Apple computers
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:02:40 AM »
Hal, personally I despise them and we don't support them at all.  It's not that I can't; in fact we even set up some Macintrash networks back in the day for a couple of law firms.  Like you though, I like to be able to get under the hood and disable some of the big brothering.  Part of the love for them seems to be a misguided belief that they're immune from viruses, trojans, and malware which simply isn't true.  I have a friend who battles them for people all the time because he's one of the few guys who does it. 

Now with all that said, Windows 10's big brother issues may be what pushes the next wave of people over there.  Shutting off all the crap in that pile of bad code is a PITA. 

A good Linux GUI is long overdo to replace Windows IMO.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online silversam

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 04:30:34 PM »
A good Linux GUI is long overdo to replace Windows IMO.

I went looking for one years ago and when I couldn't find one I went to the Mac.

I like UNIX and I grew to hate Windows.

Sam

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »

I like UNIX and I grew to hate Windows.

You don't have to "grow" to hate windows.  :011:
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online silversam

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 10:46:15 PM »
You don't have to "grow" to hate windows.  :011:

True. I had a registry problem, a virus and the mandatory upgrade would no longer support my legacy apps. All in 3 months. I left.

Sam