Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Firefox ends support for Win XP and Vista  (Read 549 times)

Offline hbiss

• Administrator
Firefox ends support for Win XP and Vista
« on: March 09, 2017, 03:13:04 PM »
I just got a Firefox update on this machine that when started said that they were ending support and upgrades for XP and Vista. This is because Microsoft ended support and there are no longer any security upgrades so it doesn't make sense for Mozilla to support it either.

So what happens now? Everybody with XP is going to eventually get a browser message like what happens with IE- "This site does not support your current browser, upgrade..." only there is no browser to upgrade to? Guess this means that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a new WIN 10 machine?

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: Firefox ends support for Win XP and Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 06:14:28 PM »
I still use XP machines for reference materials such as radio schematics and never go on line with them.

Vista machines can handle enough memory to run Win 7 and I run several of those.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.