Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Phil

• Technician
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
« on: December 31, 2015, 03:22:31 PM »
I am having a very bad time with this program since I converted to Windows 10 (don't even get me started with THAT!!).  Whenever I click on what looks like a link in an e-mail, it opens up another window and it is looking at the contents of the hard drive where Outlook is located.  I would very much appreciate it if anyone can tell me what the heck I am doing wrong, so that whenever I click on a link, it goes to that website!!  I cannot find anything with the program that would change it.  Thank you!!   :022:
Phil

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 03:51:06 PM »
PHIL!  Where have you been?

Office 2003 is a solid version and many companies still use it.  Windows 10 sucks, but we won't get into that.

There are challenges with using any of the 32 bit versions of Office in Windows 10, but they can usually be managed. 

First off, this issue (if it's the issue I think it is) only happens when IE is set as the default browser, or if there is no default browser set.  It's my understanding that the issue doesn't present with Chrome.  I'm not sure about Firefox. 

Do you have a default browser set, and if so which browser is it?

If it's IE, and you want to continue using IE as your default, we can tweak the registry and add a key that should fix the problem.

-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline Phil

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »
Hello to you, too!!   :038:  I retired from everything, mostly, and moved to St. Augustine, FL.  Enjoying the heck out of it, too, although I must admit I really miss the phones biz.  I do have IE set as the default browser, although I can change that at any time.  I used to use Firefox, but the Norton suite of stuff doesn't seem to work to well with THAT browser.  So, I will switch to Chrome and see what that does.  Thanks, Mac!!  I appreciate it!  I am going to try to spend some more time on here, too.  Do you know if Grider ever moved to Texas?

Phil
Phil

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 05:44:43 PM »
If Chrome doesn't do the trick let me know and we'll keep troubleshooting.

John has been a little busy so we don't see much of him, but we exchanged PMs over Christmas and like you he's going to try and find some time to get back on the board.  He's still in Florida to my knowledge, although I know he has a pet project he's working toward here.

Offline NFCphoneman

• Jacksonville Telephone Systems
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 08:27:54 PM »
Hey Phil! John's still in St. Augustine.  Welcome to Florida!

Offline Grider

• Greenlight Communications
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 06:06:19 AM »
I'm still here.
ESI Certified Technician since 2003
www.greenlightconnection.com

Offline Phil

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 08:09:00 AM »
Well, just to get everyone up to date on the original situation, I switched my browser to Chrome, and the problem disappeared!  So, Chrome will be my browser of choice now.  Thanks to all!  And thank you for the welcome to Florida, even though I've been here for almost 4 years now.  And John, I was just trying to figure out if you had moved or not.  Glad you are still here!
Phil

Offline NFCphoneman

• Jacksonville Telephone Systems
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 08:38:28 AM »
And thank you for the welcome to Florida, even though I've been here for almost 4 years now.

LOL...well you should have told you so sooner. John and I could have bought you lunch.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 11:04:28 AM »
LOL...well you should have told you so sooner. John and I could have bought you lunch.

Phil, you've got it in writing.  Enjoy the steak.   :011:

Thanks for the update.  I was pretty sure that would resolve the problem, but it's nice to hear.  Glad it worked for you.