Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quickbooks and Windows 10  (Read 2578 times)

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Quickbooks and Windows 10
« on: December 13, 2015, 11:56:44 AM »
I received notification from QuickBooks that all QB versions prior to QB-2015 are not compatible with Windows 10!

One more reason to not install Windows 10!   :066:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Quickbooks and Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 03:58:48 PM »
I guess the older versions don't give up enough of your private data for MS to sell.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline Markk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 04:32:23 PM »
By the time I move to windoze 10 I hope to not need QB anymore.  But what about quicken?
Reliable Telephone Service

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 04:37:06 PM »
But what about quicken

I have no idea.  :023:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 04:41:07 PM »
I found this on the Intuit website;

Quicken's compatibility with Windows 10:

"Quicken Windows product development is testing Quicken 2016 on Windows 10 before releasing the system requirements on that product (currently in development). Quicken for Windows products already released (2013, 2014, and 2015) will maintain the current system requirements and will not be ‘officially’ supported using Windows 10, as this operating system was created after these products were produced and delivered to the users.

It's quite possible that Windows 10 will have a compatibility mode that would allow for the application to run, as they have done with precious versions of Windows."

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »
Mark, personally I'll probably always use QB.  Quicken is just the check register from QB for the most part.  If you need a current version of QB I'll probably always have an extra license, buddy.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline Markk

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 08:19:59 AM »
Thank You Trace,  I should be good for awhile.
Mark
Reliable Telephone Service