Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Restore QB company file  (Read 3941 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: Restore QB company file
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 01:03:19 PM »
The problem Mark is having has to do with applying a back-up to a new install.  It does not yet know any path on the hard drive and you will have to build it. once this is done the restore will be a little easier.  I run 2 machines (one as a ready machine in the event of catastrophic failure) and the first time I restored the "back-up" computer, I had to build the path. 
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 01:05:10 PM »
 :011:

I feel your pain, Mark.

I'm glad you got it up and running the way you wanted.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline Markk

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »
The problem Mark is having has to do with applying a back-up to a new install.  It does not yet know any path on the hard drive and you will have to build it. once this is done the restore will be a little easier.  I run 2 machines (one as a ready machine in the event of catastrophic failure) and the first time I restored the "back-up" computer, I had to build the path. 

Now you tell me!!
Reliable Telephone Service

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 03:01:25 PM »
Yeah, I think we all forgot that this was a new install of QB.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 04:22:09 PM »

Now you tell me!!

Sorry Mark   :056:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.