Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Door Boxes (2) on a DX-80?  (Read 8691 times)

Online EV607797

Door Boxes (2) on a DX-80?
« on: July 22, 2015, 10:10:01 AM »
We have a customer with 55 locations and only one of them has a DX80 installed. They've had all kinds of problems with it over the years to the extent that we've replaced the KSU. They are on the fence about keeping it.

They have asked if we can add two door boxes to this system. The current system has 16 digital phones on it and that's about all that I know. What I need to know is:

1. Did they even make a door box for this system?

2. If they did, is there a chance of even being able to get them these days?

3. If they did exist, how do they connect to the system? Digital station ports? Dedicated ports for door boxes?

4. If they are available and can be connected, is it possible for them to ring all phones in the system?

Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.
Ed Vaughn

(910) 833-6000 (V)   (540) 623-7100 (C)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: Door Boxes (2) on a DX-80?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 10:27:56 AM »
Markk would be the best to answer this but I'm pretty sure your only option will be a Viking door box connected to a trunk port.  All station would have to dial a trunk code to access it.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 10:29:03 AM »
DX-80 did not have a factory door box available. The KSU did come with a 4 port analog card (if it was not removed by the installing dealer). I always hooked up Viking door boxes on the analog port. If the 4 port analog card was removed I have several available. You could also install them on vacant CO ports if available. I  just programmed the door boxes to ring a UCD group with up to 8 members in it. Hope that helps Ed. You call always give me a call if you need further info.

Dave

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 10:36:05 AM »
Good point Dave, I forgot about the analog station ports!
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 08:18:21 PM »
Dave never ceases to amaze me when it comes to remembering crap on old stuff; phones, small block Chevys or other.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.