Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Executech N0820 installation  (Read 3429 times)

Offline sewerurchin

Executech N0820 installation
« on: October 07, 2014, 05:33:45 PM »
Hi,

New member here. I am doing volunteer IT work for Habitat for Humanity. They just moved their offices and would like to have a PBX. Someone donated the above unit. They currently have three lines from Comcast. I'm reasonably skilled at working with hardware & software, but I am wondering if I am going to be going in over my head trying to install this. I've looked at the manual and it doesn't look like it would be all that bad. Is it reasonable to believe that a very tech savvy person could install one of these? Or does it require specialized knowledge that only a real phone tech would possess? Or special equipment? They exist on a tiny budget and rely a lot on donations and volunteers, so a pro install is out of the question.

Offline Skip555

Re: Executech N0820 installation
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 05:51:41 PM »
why not call telephone interconnects in the area and see if one would be willing to donate the installation. I know I would if contacted

they might even have system to donate  
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: Executech N0820 installation
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »
That system uses two pair of wires for telephone connection and it may not work well with simulated lines due to voltage requirements.  That system is over 20 years old and not worth installing. Someone should be able to donate and install a used system much newer than that, I do it here all the time.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.