Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Comdial DX-80 - Directory Mailbox  (Read 6812 times)

Offline RentJano

• Janoura Realty & Management Inc.
Comdial DX-80 - Directory Mailbox
« on: July 24, 2014, 12:36:56 PM »
Hello.  I'm trying to take over the internal handling of our Comdial system and getting nowhere pretty quickly.  From what I understand, the company they purchased the system from (waay back in 2005) is no longer in business, and the replacement company is a one-man operation out of Miami who doesn't like to make the hour-long drive to fix our minor issues so our calls for service typically take 1-2 weeks to be addressed.  The previous system admin left very little in the way of notes so I'm muddling along.

So, to explain my problem:  we currently have auto attendant set up.  Callers receive a recorded greeting with our hours and the "press x for y" notes.  If they hit * they get a company directory.  There is a recorded greeting associated with the * but no where in the notes does it identify what mailbox number the greeting is recorded in.  Is there any way to find out short of spending an afternoon going through and hitting number after number to see where greetings are recorded?  My boss replaced an employee and wants the directory updated.

Thanks for any help.
Amy
Janoura Realty & Management Inc.

Offline RATHER BE FISHING

Re: Comdial DX-80 - Directory Mailbox
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »
Welcome to the board. Easiest for a tech but probably a long shot for you is to connect to the system with a laptop and read the routing box info. Since odds are pretty good that you don't have the proprietary software and a PC with a serial port you're pretty much left with getting a manual for the voice mail and familiarizing yourself with the teleparameters programming. You can go though a specific sequence assuming you have the database password and it'll tell you the destination box for when you press * in the auto attendant.

You'd probably be better off calling other telephone dealers in your service area that service Comdial and paying for a 1 hour service call to give you routing destinations for day and night services.

Offline Markk

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 06:33:58 AM »
If your referring to the names recorded and played back after entering the "First 3 digits of the last name" those are recorded in the mailbox for each person. Go to the mailbox and open it the press 3 for options and listen to the choices. choose "record you name" do this for each new employee. 

You might need a tech to enter the letters for the last name, not sure if that's in the option box or nor not, maybe Dave remembers.
Mark
Reliable Telephone Service

Offline JWRacedog

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 04:01:35 PM »
If I am remembering correctly, Mark, in order for the spelling of the name to work, you've got to get in with the laptop and actually type in the letters of the names.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also--RentJano---most of the programming on the DX-80 can be done remotely.  Do you have a modem in the system and do you have the AA answer after hours.  There are some customers that I haven't seen in quite some time because I make all the programming changew remotely.  I would think that your vendor should be able to do the same---if things are somewhat set up right.  In an emergency, I've even changed the main greeting of customers while on a cell phone.  The remote capability of the DX80 is one of the best and unique features of this system. 
Retired Now

Offline JWRacedog

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »
Now that I'm thinking about this---I've set up main greetings with a list of names and extensions to dial in the main routing box.  You could do that, also.  And....I'm thinking that in the directory, it does give you the option to just keep hitting "*" and the caller can "scroll" through all of the names in the directory.  I think that's the way it works...let me know, again, if I'm wrong.   All of that can be programmed remotely.
Retired Now

Offline RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 05:02:43 PM »
Lots of installs substituted the "enter the first 3 letters of the last name" script when you press * with a routing box that had a recorded greeting that said " For Mark press 102, for Mick press 103, for Dave press 105, etc. That was the impression I got from her post. She'd definitely needs to know what box that greeting was recorded in if that is the case. Don't know if she got it figured out or not.