Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Toshiba DK424 Software  (Read 7302 times)

Offline h0tw1r3

Toshiba DK424 Software
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »
Hi, I'm Jeff, and I'm a volunteer-a-holic.  :022:

I was asked by a church pastor if I could reprogram their DK424 phone system to buzz open a door, and add voice mail.  I guess someone donated a SG-DK-8, but they haven't had money to get it installed.  Sure, why not!

I've been reading over the manuals I could find and searching the web. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the most hassle free way of programming is through a phone.  Also I've been reading that if you don't know the current programming, a program called DKiadmin is extremely useful, and there's separate software for voicemail?

Apparently the only way to get the software is if you're a dealer with access to Toshiba FYI. Since I'm no dealer I'm wondering if someone here knows a (cheap) source. Honestly they don't have any money in the budget for this, everything was donated by a church member. Whatever it ends up being will likely come out of my pocket.

Thanks!

Offline tonyburkhart

• www.teamburkhart.com
Re: Toshiba DK424 Software
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:09:26 AM »
Hi Jeff, thanks for joining the board. Yes, the programming is most easily done via the phone. The software is actually more confusing for someone that hasn't used it, based on past experiences... not to mention you have to have propriety hardware on some versions, etc.

If it's basic programming of the phone system, I can help you with the entry level stuff pretty quickly, just shoot me an email from the link below my profile picture.

As far as the voicemail goes - I am unable to help there, since I never did the Toshiba branded voicemails, but I'm sure someone else here can chime in on the VM.

Are you able to send a picture of the system, so we make sure we're on the same page, please? Thank you
Thanks,
Tony Burkhart
Team Burkhart
www.teamburkhart.com

Offline h0tw1r3

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 03:34:50 PM »
Currently there are three electronic door locks that can be triggered from a phone button.  I'm guessing they are special extensions that trigger external switches for 5 seconds (I found the switch box).  Right now they just want to program another phone so it has that feature also.  To be clear, no new switch/trigger/etc... Just the same button that is on phone handset needs to be on another handset.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:05:19 PM »
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the board.  I feel your pain as most of us have been in this same volunteer boat with a church phone system at one time or another.  We've got some awesome Toshiba techs, so hopefully one of them will be by soon to point you in the right direction.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline tonyburkhart

• www.teamburkhart.com
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 07:26:27 AM »
Hi Jeff, never got an email from you. Just checking back in to see if you still needed help here. Thanks for the pics, at least we know exactly what we're dealing with. What part of the country are you in? We may be able to help with a local tech
Thanks,
Tony Burkhart
Team Burkhart
www.teamburkhart.com