Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ACS 6.0 hit by surge  (Read 3662 times)

Offline JWRacedog

ACS 6.0 hit by surge
« on: June 20, 2014, 12:08:57 PM »
New customer has an ACS, Messaging PC Card (16, I think)about 7 phones (18D and 18s), a door phone (PagePac), 3 lines coming from EMTA/Comcast, ACS is on a Belkin Surge protector.

We've had power outages and lightning in the last two weeks.

Lost the 78 & 79 in the HG 7 (777).  I redid the hunt group.  It works sometimes---sometimes not--both the one-touch dial, the 777 and the 78 or 79. 

When answering an outside line, there is a speed dial that spits out a string of numbers---then the call is disconnected. 

Programming & time/date appear normal.  We have re-booted several times. 

We have switched phones at ex 10---but makes no difference in how the phone operates.

When accesses---the voice mail appears to operate normally.

On outside calls, call do not ring at the ex 10 although the lines are programmed for immediate ring.  It then goes (after 4 rings or so) to the AA. 

Customer has been informed that a replacement ACS may be in the future.  I thought I'd run this by this board to see if there is anything that I can do to help.
Retired Now

Offline hbiss

• Administrator
Re: ACS 6.0 hit by surge
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »
Customer has been informed that a replacement ACS may be in the future.

Sounds like the future is now.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline KENB

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 01:27:09 PM »
I guess i would start by plugging a known good phone directly into port 10 at the control unit.and see if its good there.

I would probably totally dump the ACS  and reprogram with all the on /offs and surges.it may nuts.

If port 10 is gone you can still program from 11.
but the default on the mail is 10 .

Other then the above I guess I would go with the replacement.How long can you putz with it b4 customer complains about time spent
with no results.

Offline hitechcomm

• HIZER Communicatins
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »
Remove all sets except 10 and start from there.
If no good replace ACS

Offline JWRacedog

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 09:07:03 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I'll be seeing them Monday--I'll have an estimate ready for them---and I'll do a bit more testing, especially unplugging all the phones except for ext 10.  I never thought of that.  I'm of the opinion, though, that an ACS replacement might have to be done.  Thanks again for the good advice.
Retired Now

Offline dtmf

• Pro Shop Member
    • All Types phone Service
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 09:13:02 AM »
Ran into one with the same problem just a month ago, all was working but the program got scrambled a default and reprogram fixed it, but there is always a chance the unit has a problem.
I swear I didn't touch it