Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fonality PBXtra Call Forwarding Issue  (Read 11152 times)

Offline Keighlar

Fonality PBXtra Call Forwarding Issue
« on: October 22, 2013, 08:51:05 AM »
I have trouble tickets open with Fonality and Time Warner Telecom, but they are both taking their sorry time in getting back to me.  Customer has a PBXtra Call Center Edition version 4.1.1 - p47.  I know there is a big update waiting for them, but upgrades are so painful, they don't want to do it unless they need to.

Customer has many external numbers forwarded through telco to DIDs on their PRI.  Each DID is then direct through the call menu.  In this case the call comes into the PBXtra, calls a queue for 25 seconds and then forwards to an external cell phone number.  If you call the DID directly this works as designed.  If you call the TWT number that is forwarded to the DID, everything works UNTIL you get to the off-site call forward.  In this case the call disconnects and you hear a fast busy. 

TWT is, of course, saying it's not their problem; however, this setup with the forwarded number was working for years until last Friday when it stopped working.  Fonality has not gotten back to me on the ticket either.  Any ideas on who I should go after most fiercely?  To me, this must be a telco issue... nothing else makes logical sense unless it's a coding issue because CID is now being sent differently?  Ideas?

TIA
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Online NFCphoneman

• Jacksonville Telephone Systems
Re: Fonality PBXtra Call Forwarding Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:00:57 AM »
Stacey,

While I really don't have an answer for you, I do have a question:  Have you tried forwarding the number to a cell phone on a different carrier or to a POTS line?  Just curious if that makes any difference.

-Larry

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 07:41:36 AM »
We have been able to figure out what the issue is, but so far, neither party can fix it.  When the forwarded call is then forwarded out of the system, it is keeping the originating CID as the redirect number.  Of course this number does not exist on their PRI, so TWT is rejecting the call and dropping it.  The PBXtra does have an entry to Use the Global CID on Forwarded calls, but it doesn't seem to be respecting it properly.  Fonality says that it is and doesn't know why the redirect number is stopping the call.  This is a snippet from the TWT logs.  The Calling Party is set to the correct CID which is the main number for the customer, the Called Party is the correct cell number, but the Redirect number is the original forwarded line's CID.  *sigh*  Getting back on the phone with Fonality again in a few minutes.

17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1          IE - 6C CALLING PARTY #     Len=12
17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1               21 Numb. Type:NATIONAL     
17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1                  Numb. Plan:E.164         
17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1               80 Presentation:ALLOWED     
17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1                  Ph.# 518373XXXX this

17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1          IE - 70 CALLED PARTY #      Len=8
17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1               A1 Numb. Type:NATIONAL     
17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1                  Ph.# 577XXXX

17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1          IE - 74 REDIRECTING #       Len=13
17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1               21 Numb. Type:NATIONAL     
17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1               01 Presentation:ALLOWED     
17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1               8F Redir reason:CALL FWD UNCOND'L     
17:04:55 ISDN.L2_FMT PRI  1                  Ph.# 518453XXX
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:47:55 AM »
We have been able to figure out what the issue is, but so far, neither party can fix it.  When the forwarded call is then forwarded out of the system, it is keeping the originating CID as the redirect number.  Of course this number does not exist on their PRI, so TWT is rejecting the call and dropping it.  

Just have them change the PRI to allow anything the PBX sends.

I don't know Fonality, but you should have a setting somewhere for ANI. Just set it to the BTN for the PRI.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 07:55:41 AM »
Marc... I have a setting for Global Caller ID in the Fonality and that IS set to the BTN.  However, it's that redirect field TWT is saying is the issue. The TWT rep. I was on the phone with yesterday tried to allow it through their service, but said she couldn't without their purchasing an upgrade to the PRI that allowed any CID to pass.
Dr Seuss

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 11:20:11 AM »
Here's a *possible* work around...

What happens if you make a call from a private or blocked number to one of the numbers that is forwarded?

If it sends the call through without disconnecting, can you turn off Caller ID system wide so it doesn't send the CID through to the PRI?

These are just thoughts...
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »
Just re-read your post and I want to be clear on something, so let me draw a diagram.

Outside Caller --> DID --> PBX --> Forwards To External Number.

This works...?

Outside Caller --> TWT Number --> Forwarded To Same DID From Above --> PBX --> Forwards To External Number.

This fails...?

If this is the case, the problem is TWT. You should be getting the same Outside Caller CID in both of my examples above.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 12:12:20 PM »
Marc, you are correct.  If I call the TWT DID directly, it goes through.  If I call the TWT forwarded number to that same DID, it doesn't work.  I'm convinced it's TWT also, but I'm getting that run-around and they insist we must change the Redirect.  System is down now with no outbound calls completing.  Fonality broke something.  Waiting on a callback.
Dr Seuss

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »
So... the answer to this was that no one would admit they were wrong.  Fonality wanted to upgrade the PBXtra and try that because the script wasn't working properly.  TWT said that they tried to program an exception to allow the one number to pass CID, but that the switch wouldn't accept the changes.

Solution?  Port the number to the PRI.  TWT is rushing the order and it should be completed by day's end. 
Dr Seuss

Offline tonyburkhart

• www.teamburkhart.com
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 07:54:14 PM »
That stinks, because it's not a solution... it's a work around. At least from the customer's perspective, it will be working and that's all they care about. I agree with Marc that the TW translations is at fault. Something changed service features on their back end.
Thanks,
Tony Burkhart
Team Burkhart
www.teamburkhart.com

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 07:19:20 AM »
I agree, Tony.  Especially since TWT has just released a new PAID feature that will allow a business to pass CID that they don't "own."  My suspicion is that some universal change caused this issue.
Dr Seuss