Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sandisk Readycache drive  (Read 1734 times)

Offline ttech

Sandisk Readycache drive
« on: September 23, 2013, 07:26:57 PM »
Sandisk makes a small 32GB ssd drive strictly for caching called the readycache.

It is less then $40 on amazon and it is the most amazing computer upgrade I have ever done for it's price

You need windows 7 or 8 and a free sata port on your motherboard.  It won't work on XP. If your laptop can take 2 drives it will work there too.

You install the express cache software on your PC and 32 Gb  of your most used files are copied (not moved) to the SSD.  I installed the drive, rebooted the computer a few times so the software recognized the boot files as commonly used, and used the ssd drive copies to boot.   The boot time went from over a minute and a half to about 15 seconds.  Next I opened and closed Word, Winamp, IE Firefox, Acrobat ,and quickbooks.  Now they open nearly instantly.

I just cant say enough good things about this thing.  I believe it is the future of computing.   

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: Sandisk Readycache drive
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »
Thanks for the info, I'll look into this!  :054:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline tonyburkhart

• www.teamburkhart.com
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 03:01:13 PM »
nice. I've been waiting for an SSD price point like this. thank for the heads up
Thanks,
Tony Burkhart
Team Burkhart
www.teamburkhart.com

Offline ttech

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 06:46:15 PM »
It is strictly for caching. (or a small 32 gig drive)   it gives faster access to your most popular 32 gigs.

I just put one in my personal PC yesterday.