Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Monitor Black Screens Momentarily  (Read 8152 times)

Offline LaneComm

• Pro Shop Member
    • Voice, Video, Unified Communication and Healthcare Solutions Ocala, Gainesville and all of Central Florida
Re: Monitor Black Screens Momentarily
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 12:30:44 PM »
Uninstall the drivers and card. Clean up the registry with CC Cleaner, Reboot, Reinstall the Nvidia drivers you will download from Nvidia. Power down install the card, connect the monitor cable - (Are you using VGA or HDMI, that could play into the eqautation?) and power back up - thats all you should need to do unless you want to tweak screen size etc.

In the Windows world you should always install drivers before HW.
Steve Lane, MCSE

Voice, Video, Data and Managed IT Solutions
featuring ESI, Cisco, Avaya, Ascom, Dell and Microsoft.

Ocala, Gainesville, Jacksonville and all of Central Florida
Licensed and Insured - ES12000683

www.CentralFloridaPhones.com
www.ESIphoneSystems.com

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 07:36:16 AM »
Believe it or not, I've still procrastinated this.  I promise to give an update when I finally get around to it. :)
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 12:10:59 PM »
Finally a follow-up!  Recently this 22" Westinghouse monitor decided that it was a 17" Acer laptop display.   :022:  All the troubleshooting in the world did nothing to alleviate the situation.  Reinstalled graphics drivers, let it still overnight unplugged to try to default, etc., etc. etc.  Put the monitor on another PC and it was good.  But after a reboot... guess what?  It's now a 17" Acer again.

So the issue was definitely in the Westinghouse.  I never did get a fix for it. I bought a new AOC 24" HD monitor and put the squirrely one on as second monitor. Happily it sits there thinking that it's an Acer... and nary a black screen is now in sight.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Offline Skip555

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 12:21:18 PM »
it needs a therapist to address it's  inferiority complex......
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84