Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Scotch Lock clones  (Read 3939 times)

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Scotch Lock clones
« on: November 13, 2010, 04:00:47 PM »
More crap from China. Look closely at the Scotch Locks that you purchase. According to an article in OSP magazine it seems that cheap clones are flooding the market an they WILL fail. Make sure that there is a 3M logo on the cap but at this point I can't be certain that the fakes don't have something similar so when in doubt compare them to one you know is the real thing. A good defense is to purchase from a reputable supplier at a price you know is realistic.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline LaneComm

• Pro Shop Member
    • Voice, Video, Unified Communication and Healthcare Solutions Ocala, Gainesville and all of Central Florida
Re: Scotch Lock clones
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 05:32:05 PM »
Is there nothing these people won't copy and worse yet the freaking importers of this crap are killing off American factories and jobs.

Want to fix the US defecit?  - big tariff on Chinese crap, worst case they stop sending it and jobs pickup.
Steve Lane, MCSE

Voice, Video, Data and Managed IT Solutions
featuring ESI, Cisco, Avaya, Ascom, Dell and Microsoft.

Ocala, Gainesville, Jacksonville and all of Central Florida
Licensed and Insured - ES12000683

www.CentralFloridaPhones.com
www.ESIphoneSystems.com

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »
You got that right.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline MnDave

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 11:50:24 PM »
Regarding a tariff on imports... Since much of our cost of manufacturing is due to our own Gov'ts regulations and taxes upon our finished goods all the way down the line, it is only fair to impose a tariff on imported goods to address this inequality. We hurt ourselves and favor foreign manufacturers with many of our policys.
 :035:

Offline CWC

• Technician
    • County Wide Comm
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 07:08:01 PM »
  I still use a Pica Bonds if I have it with Me!!