Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 7 and Adobe Flash Player  (Read 3973 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Windows 7 and Adobe Flash Player
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
I'm running Win 7 pro 32 bit and cannot watch Youtube with IE8. It says you must install adobe flash player 10.3. I download it with the message "you are now running adobe flash player 10.3"  I then go to play Youtube and it tells me to down load abobe flash player 10.3.

I had this problem with foxfire also but when I downloaded adobe flash player 10.3 it works just fine.

Any ideas?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Windows 7 and Adobe Flash Player+
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 09:58:40 PM »
All of our 7 machines are running the pro version and are 64 bit, but we're not having any problems with youtube.  We are having a huge issue with typing responses on the board when the response goes farther than the window can view and the scroll bar has to be utilized, but I digress.  I'd suggest going into the Plug-Ins, delete it and reinstall it.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline Skip555

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:27:08 PM »
I'm running 7 64 bit and no problem with you tube or anything else for that matter
I would try chrome or Firefox . I'm not a IE fan
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 11:29:40 PM »
I found it.   Under tools/manage add-ons  adobe shockwave flash object was set to disable.

Trace, I guess plug-ins and add-ons are the same thing.

FireFox never had a problem.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:38:19 AM »
We are having a huge issue with typing responses on the board when the response goes farther than the window can view and the scroll bar has to be utilized, but I digress.

Try turning on the Compatability View mode in IE.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Windows 7 and Adobe Flash Player
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 02:02:01 PM »
Larry that is correct, and I've found that one console to be the primary troubleshooting spot for all things on the later versions of IE.  We still have to use that browser for a lot of applications and I almost always fix the problem by disabling everything in there, and then turning them back on in groups until I diagnose the issue.

Marc, thanks.  Will try that. :054:

Offline hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »
... We are having a huge issue with typing responses on the board when the response goes farther than the window can view and the scroll bar has to be utilized

I mentioned that problem awhile back and I'm using XP Pro and IE8. It's with this board and others that use the same software. If you figure it out let me know. Otherwise I have to compose in Word then copy and paste.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 08:06:10 PM »
... We are having a huge issue with typing responses on the board when the response goes farther than the window can view and the scroll bar has to be utilized

I mentioned that problem awhile back and I'm using XP Pro and IE8. It's with this board and others that use the same software. If you figure it out let me know. Otherwise I have to compose in Word then copy and paste.

-Hal

Marc was correct Hal. I'm testing it now and it works.  Across the top of the browser you have the URL address bar, then to the right of that a button that looks kind of like a torn piece of paper, then the refresh button.  The torn piece of paper looking button puts the browser in "Compatibility Mode" and that seems to solve the problem.

Thanks Marc. :054:

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 08:45:10 PM »
Under Tools/ Compatibility View Settings, choose "Display all websites in compatibility view", then close and reopen IE8.  The "torn piece of paper" will disappear but every website will be in compatibility view from now on.

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »
What's the downside to putting them all in compatibality mode?

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »
What's the downside to putting them all in compatibality mode?

Right now I haven't found a downside but I'm sure there will be one in the future.

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 06:15:39 PM »
What's the downside to putting them all in compatibility mode?

As said above by Larry, I haven't experienced any negative effects viewing all websites in compatability mode.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 07:41:22 PM »
Very interesting.  I think I'll try it on one of the work stations and just see if we have any issues with logging into secure investment sites that require IE.