Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IP Office distinctive line ringing?  (Read 6156 times)

Offline Daytech

• Pro Shop Member
    • Emery Communications Inc
IP Office distinctive line ringing?
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:09:55 PM »
I am looking at replacing an existing Partner ACS with a new IPO in a house. There is a home based business with 2 lines and a home line. Currently the home ling has a different ring than the business lines. Can the IPO do distinctive line ringing? I know that the display will state which hunt group (home or business) is ringing, but it is desired that they groups continue to ring differently. The phones will mostly be 1400 series will a couple 9508's. I am hoping to make the system phones to ring differently and not need to install a separate ringer for the different groups.

Thanks, Todd

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Re: IP Office distinctive line ringing?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:20:19 AM »
You probably ought to be installing the IPO Partner version. It still has "Unique Line Ringing" at 209 now called Line Ringing Pattern. Seems to me that the IPO Essential Edition is overkill for a residance.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline Daytech

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:50:43 AM »
Hal, the last time I installed a Partner edition in a residence because I thought that it made since, I got burnt. I also sold the customer 2 engenious cordless phones, it wasn't until after the fact that I found out the IPO Partner edition won't ring analog stations on outside calls, only internal. I agree that a full IPO is a bit overkill but why not for the price difference?

Todd

Offline Daytech

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 12:51:42 PM »
I just thought I would clarify my last statement, ETR cards will ring analog stations on outside lines but the Phone 2, Phone 8 and Combo will not ring on outside calls.

Todd

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »
Use the ETR cards and they can keep their junky old phones. :066:

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline mdaniel

• Walker Communications, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 09:18:04 PM »
Full blown IPO, really doesn't do "key mode" very well. And, that I know of, there isn't a way to do ULR.
You could have the display say what ever you want, but to have the lines ring different? I don't know of any way to do that.

Sorry,
Authorized Avaya SMB Business Partner
www.walker-solutions.com

Offline Daytech

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 06:44:51 AM »
Thanks Mike, not the answer I wanted to hear but it was the answer that I thought I was going to hear.

Todd