Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Appliance PC to run Samsung OfficeServ Link/EasySet  (Read 2465 times)

Offline matherton

• Houle
Appliance PC to run Samsung OfficeServ Link/EasySet
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:34:08 AM »
We recently installed a 7400 with Link, EasySet and Operator; the customer provided a PC with Windows 7 - 32 Bit (pro) for us to use for Link/Easyset.  We are having troubles getting Easyset to install properly, and Samsung Tech Support "doesnt have a windows 7 - 32 bit machine to install it on" (I kid you not, that is their official response).  So its a 'good luck with that', or install XP PRO or Win 7 - 64.

My question is do you have a favorite appliance PC that is small and cost effective for either XP PRO or 7-64 bit (or even 7-32 bit, we're going to get a more experienced computer company to try to make it work) that we can 'build once and replicate many times' for future installs?

Thanks!
Marty
Marty Atherton

Was a Samsung 'expert' * Panasonic * Grandstream * Ascom TeleCareIP Nurse Call
Tunnel vision to retirement

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
Re: Appliance PC to run Samsung OfficeServ Link/EasySet
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 07:53:35 PM »
I know support probably asked this question, but did you verify the permissions settings for the folders? If all of the permissions are correct, try running IIS in classic mode.

In IIS Manager (Start -> Run -> inetmgr), select the website or virtual directory you want to set to classic mode.

In the right hand panel "Actions", click on "Basic Settings".

Next to application pool (that is defaulted to DefaultAppPool), click "Select" and change it to "Classic .Net AppPool".

Walkthrough is here.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring

Offline matherton

• Houle
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 12:03:20 AM »
<rant on> easyset didnt even finish installing.  It stopped at "the virtual directory [easyset] is already in use.  please choose another.  The only way to get out of that is forced quit, then you can't uninstall it.  Our computer guy managed to get easyset to fully install, but not only does easyset not show up in the default webpage list in iis, but classic .net apppool was not in the advanced settings.  Its a brand new machine with a new clean install of 7-32. 

This particular customer is a bit miffed because they are coming out of a 10 year old 3com all VoIP system with 100 phones (we just installed the 7400 with 100 ip phones), and the 3com had this built in.  I know, there is a lot the 3com couldnt do back then compared to what the samsung can do...  easyset should run on the MP40.  Or hell, on an 'applications server' card, or incorporate it in with the voicemail.  If the old 3com has it built in, why does this need to be so difficult.  <rant off>
Marty Atherton

Was a Samsung 'expert' * Panasonic * Grandstream * Ascom TeleCareIP Nurse Call
Tunnel vision to retirement

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 07:47:37 AM »
Does the PC have enough memory so you can run XP in virtual mode?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

EDIT: I just read your other post about Virtual PC, but other than that - I don't have any ideas. Sorry.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring