Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IP Office Partner Edition Forwarding  (Read 1857 times)

Offline cfromrht

IP Office Partner Edition Forwarding
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:39:22 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am an IT consultant with no experience on phone systems. In the office where I am working they have a IP Office 500 V2 that is setup in Partner mode. I need to setup my boss's extension so that if it doesn't get answered it rings his cell phone. The system does not have a license for mobile twinning and they are not going to pay for that service. The short codes to forward calls to an external number do not work. The phone system is setup to dial a number like normal from the phones, no need to dial 9 to get an outside line.  I tried to change the mode to regular mode instead of partner, but that mode is a little beyond my expertise. Any advice on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks.

Online mongo5150

• Just-Sayin...
Re: IP Office Partner Edition Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 10:37:17 AM »
Do you have analog trunks, SIP or PRI?

Partner Edition comes with 3 Mobility licenses for free.

You will not see them anywhere, but you will be able to utilize the features nonetheless.
ACSS - SMEC
APSS - IP Office

Offline cfromrht

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 10:50:30 AM »
I have analog trunks. I tried setting up twinning before but it didn't work for me.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 08:31:21 AM »
Twinning is not applicable with POTS trunks. You can forward the extension to the cell number though. Enable the extension in #322 then assign the cell phone number a personal speed dial- example 80. Then you would program a button on the phone to forward the calls to 80: (feature)(11)(extension#)(80). Press the button and calls should go to the cell via an idle trunk.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music