Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Convert r24 to wav  (Read 78786 times)

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Convert r24 to wav
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2013, 12:14:19 PM »
Hi Jay:

Welcome to the board.  I'm headed out for the holiday, but you said ASAP so I'll send out a blast to several techs.  I should be able to find one that can get in touch with you before the end of the day.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline nkruger

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2014, 03:05:09 PM »
I know this post is crazy old, so this is a long shot, but is there any chance you can still send out that convert utility?

Offline Ken The Phoneman

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2014, 03:42:06 PM »
I know this post is crazy old, so this is a long shot, but is there any chance you can still send out that convert utility?

Hello, and welcome to the board.

I'm sorry, but since this is the actual Inter-Tel utility, and a tech level program we're not allowed to distribute it to end users.   There was some discussion about being able to force the converstion in Pro Tools, but unfortunately unless you already have access to a copy, I understand the software is cost prohibitive.
-Ken

Offline PieTelTec

• Pro Shop Member
    • Pierce Telecom & Technologies
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2014, 10:15:31 AM »
I have a slightly different issue. I have a customer with an Inter-Tel Axxess and they would like to have the person who recorded their Promo on hold recordings (a local professional) do the recordings for their various greetings and menu recordings. Since the person only works in a studio I have to find a way to get the MP3 or Wav files into the system and be usable as the greetings.  Any Suggestions?
California Public Enemy Number One - A White, Heterosexual, Self Employed, conservative gun owner.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2014, 12:06:34 PM »
Hello and welcome to the board!

The good news is that it can be done, and perhaps the better news for you is that this is absolutely a tech level procedure.  The client should in no way attempt this on their own.

In this case converting the files to r24 is not as straight forward as going the other direction, but we have found a way to do it for our clients and have done it many times over the years.  If they decide to go forward I'll be happy to help you with that.  Afterward however you'll have to surgically insert the new professional recording in the system.

A quick word of warning.  Some people have nightmares trying to make this work, but we've never had a problem.  You might want to make a few samples by just making r.24 recordings on a phone, and then play with changing them out to get the feel for it.  Then quote the price accordingly.  You won't find many techs willing to even give them a price.

Offline briggins

« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2014, 10:48:20 PM »
Hello,

I think I am a little late to the party, but I need to convert .r24 files to wav or mp3.  Reading the thread it appears there is a solution.  I would appreciate some help.

Offline Ken The Phoneman

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2014, 09:51:45 AM »
Welcome to the board Briggins. How many files do you need converted?
-Ken

Offline PieTelTec

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2014, 09:11:54 AM »
Hello and welcome to the board!

The good news is that it can be done, and perhaps the better news for you is that this is absolutely a tech level procedure.  The client should in no way attempt this on their own.

In this case converting the files to r24 is not as straight forward as going the other direction, but we have found a way to do it for our clients and have done it many times over the years.  If they decide to go forward I'll be happy to help you with that.  Afterward however you'll have to surgically insert the new professional recording in the system.

A quick word of warning.  Some people have nightmares trying to make this work, but we've never had a problem.  You might want to make a few samples by just making r.24 recordings on a phone, and then play with changing them out to get the feel for it.  Then quote the price accordingly.  You won't find many techs willing to even give them a price.

Do you have a written procedure for this that I can look at. I can honestly say after 12 years of doing Inter-Tel, this is the first time this request has been made. Just an FYI, they are using a VPU server and not an EVMC.
California Public Enemy Number One - A White, Heterosexual, Self Employed, conservative gun owner.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2014, 10:01:09 AM »
Do you have a written procedure for this that I can look at. I can honestly say after 12 years of doing Inter-Tel, this is the first time this request has been made. Just an FYI, they are using a VPU server and not an EVMC.

There is nothing in writing.  This is a procedure I created through trial by fire, and I completely believe that you've never had to do this in 12 years.  As I said, this is something they'll be hard pressed to find anyone else to even give them a quote.  

We have some general guidelines about what we can discuss in the "open forums," but your company checks out and you show to be the licensee for your company so I've upgraded your status.  You can now access the tech and business owner forums.  I'll shoot you a PM with some guidelines and then if we need to get deeper into the walk throughs we can create a thread in the Technician forum which is a protected area.  That way if I'm not available Ken or Rhett can try to help you as well.  As I mentioned this isn't the kind of thing we'd want an end user trying to do based on something they read in the open forum as there's a good chance they'd fubar the system.

Oh and btw, VPU; no problem.

Offline PieTelTec

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2014, 08:19:15 AM »

There is nothing in writing.  This is a procedure I created through trial by fire, and I completely believe that you've never had to do this in 12 years.  As I said, this is something they'll be hard pressed to find anyone else to even give them a quote.  

We have some general guidelines about what we can discuss in the "open forums," but your company checks out and you show to be the licensee for your company so I've upgraded your status.  You can now access the tech and business owner forums.  I'll shoot you a PM with some guidelines and then if we need to get deeper into the walk throughs we can create a thread in the Technician forum which is a protected area.  That way if I'm not available Ken or Rhett can try to help you as well.  As I mentioned this isn't the kind of thing we'd want an end user trying to do based on something they read in the open forum as there's a good chance they'd fubar the system.

Oh and btw, VPU; no problem.

Thank you for the status upgrade, and the potential help.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2014, 11:41:51 AM »
You're welcome.  I'm sorry for the delay in getting the PM over to you.  I got buried yesterday, and Ken wasn't sure he remembered part of the process.  I'll start getting a PM put together for your right now.

Offline PieTelTec

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2014, 10:07:42 AM »
You're welcome.  I'm sorry for the delay in getting the PM over to you.  I got buried yesterday, and Ken wasn't sure he remembered part of the process.  I'll start getting a PM put together for your right now.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I had discovered that that recording done by the Pro had some errors and not compatible with current system programming. they are having the recording redone.
Between Vacation in Dallas and getting caught up I have been swamped. I tried to send you a PM, But I guess my account level does not allow that.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2014, 01:30:12 PM »
California wasn't hot enough for you, so you came to Dallas?  :011:

No problem.  I fixed your account status so you're back at Tech/Business Owner.  You hadn't logged in for a while, so it changed your access level. 

Offline PieTelTec

• Pro Shop Member
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2014, 08:39:41 AM »
California wasn't hot enough for you, so you came to Dallas?  :011:

No problem.  I fixed your account status so you're back at Tech/Business Owner.  You hadn't logged in for a while, so it changed your access level. 

Are you kidding about Dallas Being Hot. I loved it, I was raised there and all of my family is still there. My dad who lives with us is in failing health and we took him to see the family thinking it would be the last time he gets to see them. My wife loved it there, except for the humidity. she didn't like it much. but as it turns out, the day after we returned dad went into the hospital, and it doesnt appear he will be coming back home. they are trying to make him comfortable. so between workinf 12 hours a day and spending time with him at the hospital. It has been really busy around here.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2014, 09:59:09 AM »
Really sorry to hear about your dad.  My parents live in our guest house so I understand some of your struggles. 

If you find yourself needing to bring a tech on part time to help, some of the guys here may know someone trustworthy in your area.