Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help with a Inter-Tel 612/1224/2460  (Read 5455 times)

Offline Dahammer

Help with a Inter-Tel 612/1224/2460
« on: May 27, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
We have a small office with an old Inter-Tel IMX 612/1224/2460 system. There are only 4 lines, with 4 extensions. All of the phones are the 12 button 660.7900’s and have Plantronics M10 amps with headsets attached. We were having problems with a couple of the phones, so we ordered some refurbished replacements. We were sent 24 button Premier phones instead of the 12 button ones because the supplier didn’t have the 12 button ones in stock. The 24 button phones work with the system but they will not work with the headsets/amps. I’ve been told that we need to make a programming change by connecting to the CPU in order to enable the headsets on the 24 button phones.

Could any of you guys confirm this and possibly instruct me on what exactly needs changing? Also, could one of you possibly send me KSU.exe? I’d like to make a backup of the system and my understanding is that is the easiest way to do it. I know the system is an antique and we intend to replace it soon.

Offline Ken The Phoneman

• Pro Shop Member
Re: Help with a Inter-Tel 612/1224/2460
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 10:31:17 PM »
Hi Gregg:

Mac told me to keep a look out for your post.  You an make changes to the system easily via any terminal program, but KSU is IMO the easiest way to do a back up.  It is an exe file though so you'll need an email address that will allow that file to be received.  I'll shoot you a PM and see if we can get you back on track.
-Ken

Offline RCA

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 09:24:32 PM »
How do the headsets work on the 12 button phones? Is there a button you press to enable headset mode? Do you have to lift the receiver in order to talk on the headset?

Each model phone has their respective button map that the system assigns to that specific model phone. What it sounds like to me is, the 12 button phones have the headset enable/disable button programmed on the map therefore allowing the phones to use the headset. The 24 button map probably doesn't have the correct programming. In any case, the feature code to enable headset mode is 315, to disable is 316.

It's been years since I have worked on one of these systems and don't recall off the top of my head if there is any further options in Station Programming that need to be addressed.

Backing up the system can be performed with Hyper Terminal (built in Win XP and older Op systems) and other Terminal programs. All you're doing here is capturing the text that the system will spill out when you hit Save.
-Rhett

Offline Dahammer

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 03:15:09 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I was able to get the heatsets working. I'm not exactly sure what the issue with them was. They did not work with the 24 button phones and I tried several different things; moving the switches on the headset amps, the SPCL 315/316 codes and others. But on Saturday I went to the office hooked one back up and it just worked. So I hooked the others up and they worked as well. We had some storms through and the power was off for an extended period of time, so I'm thinking having the system powered down and back up is what did the trick. But honestly, I'm not sure, as I had tried so many different things.

But to answer your question, RCA. You do not have to lift the receiver to use them. The amp plugs into the handset connector on the phone, then the headset and handset plug into the amp. The amp has a button you depress to switch between headset and handset.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »
Thanks for the update Gregg.  As Rhett likes to say, IMX troubleshooting 101, "Press the red button."  :011:

Kidding aside though, you'll find that a Major Reset does resolve a LOT of squirrley issues. :054:

BTW, I think I found one of the packages from the cables we use for that terminal program.  It's a Belkin F2L088-10-GLD.  I think all you need is the first part of the number.  The second is the cable lenght, and the gld is just that gold was all they had in stock when we bought them.  It doesn't look like RadShk carries the Belkin version any longer, but they may have a comparable one.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline Dahammer

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:08:52 PM »
Thanks Trace, I wound up picking up a DB9 to DB25 adapter at a local mom & pop PC specialty store this afternoon and was able to get a backup of the database using it and KSU.exe. The only cable I could locate locally, other than standard DB9 to DB9, was a null modem cable with DB25 on one end and DB9 on the other. Serial ports are a thing of the past it seems, kinda like this dinosaur IMX system.  :003: Thanks for the help guys.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
Glad to help. :054:
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.