Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Small PBX ideas for a third business location  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Rhonda

• Wells Manufacturing, L.P.
Small PBX ideas for a third business location
« on: May 11, 2011, 03:07:57 PM »
Hi Folks,

My company has two locations in Fond du Lac, WI. Our Corporate office on Brooke street has a Definity G3si v11 with an Intuity voice mail. Also, we have a smaller location called our "Electronics Plant" which has a G3si v11 for approximately 60 users. These plants communicate via extensions and have a shared voicemail at Brooke Street where I am. We communicate over a voice point-to-point T-1. There is not other fiber between us.

My company has asked if we leased the building across the street from us to put 30 engineers in, what would it take. Is there a small Avaya Switch for less than 50 users? I would probably put in another point-to-point T-1 or Ethernet to connect us. I would like to be able to program that third location across the street from my building via ASA if possible.

Any suggestions?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Online mongo5150

• Just-Sayin...
Re: Small PBX ideas for a third business location
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 10:08:49 PM »
Are you capable of doing H.323 or SIP trunks?  You could do IP Office if that was the case...pretty inexpensive compared to Enterprise pricing.
ACSS - SMEC
APSS - IP Office

Online EV607797

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:12:43 PM »
I'd explore the feasibility of a copper tie cable across the street with some fiber in the same path while you are at it.  That way, the extensions over there are just the same as if they are within the same building and under your direct control in the headquarters system.  

Some may disagree with me on this, but you asked for suggestions.  I have no idea what it would cost to purchase a third switch, but I'm guessing that it would be comparable to a tie cable.  Of course, this depends upon how flexible the city is about street crossings, etc.
Ed Vaughn

(910) 833-6000 (V)   (540) 623-7100 (C)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:22:08 AM »
I'd explore the feasibility of a copper tie cable across the street

I'll back this up.  I have a customer in Charlottesville doing this between two buildings. The 25 pair cable was provided by Embark and has worked well over the last several years.   Originally setup with a Comdial DX80 and now a Samsung 7200 there has never been a problem with any of the digital phones.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline liquidvw

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 08:20:02 AM »
An Avaya S8300 with a G430 gateway should work for you.  If you need more boards, then use a G450 instead of a G430.  Some fiber and copper going from building to building might be the cheapest and simplest solution assuming the city doesn't have any issues with it. 

Offline Rhonda

• Wells Manufacturing, L.P.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:51 AM »
So many options... what to do? 

I thank you all for your input.  I'll be in touch.

Thank you! Rhonda