Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ACS 1X10!  (Read 4010 times)

Offline JWRacedog

ACS 1X10!
« on: May 11, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
I have taken over a small ACS---3.0 if I remember right---and the number 10 extension has "1X10 !" on the display, plus "Forward..11" in the display.  because these are in the display, the receptionist cannot see CID when the lines ring in.  She says that this has happened before and she had to do a "F00" and then some keystrokes but can't rember anything else.  She did not write it down.  She says that this procedure "reset" her phone.

I have had them try F12--but that did nothing.  I have had them unplug the phone--but that did nothing also.  The have a night button to put it into nights and a call forward key on the phone too, if I remember right.  When they put it into nights, the AA answers and is given a choice to push "2" (I think) and it then goes to ext 10 which is call forwarded to a cell phone.

Any light that can be shed on this would be
Retired Now

Online hitechcomm

• HIZER Communicatins
Re: ACS 1X10!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
Ext 10 is forwarded hence no caller id. The solution is to take 10 off call forward. F11 10 that will remove call forward.  At nite do F11 and the speed dial associated with the cell phone. It could be personal or system. Check personal first. Its probably 80.

Online hitechcomm

• HIZER Communicatins
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 12:01:47 PM »
On second thought I'm not sure a Rel 3.0 can be call forward of site.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 01:46:44 PM »
(Feature) (11)(10)(10) will remove the forwarding of x10.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline Daytech

• Pro Shop Member
    • Emery Communications Inc
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »
On second thought I'm not sure a Rel 3.0 can be call forward of site.

I believe R6 is first to be able to forward off site.

Todd

Offline JWRacedog

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »
I'll probably have to go on site.  I tried to get customer to do a F11 (10) (10) but no go.  Something else must be going on--or they just can't follow directions.  I'll know more tomorrow.  I'll check version.
Retired Now

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 09:33:44 PM »
Does the phone display the date and time? Also, when forwarded it is not normal for the forwarding information to be displayed for more than about 10 seconds after forwarding is activated so there is a problem someplace. Sounds to me like a bad phone (swap it with another) or a problem with the processor. If you find that it's not the phone I would default the system and reprogram from scratch. It's impossible to figure out what someone might have done if they got into the system and played with the programming. After defaulting and before reprogramming see how the phone behaves. If the problem is still there replace the ACS.

-Hal

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline JWRacedog

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 11:31:26 PM »
Thanks, Hal.  I see if I can get there tomorrow and do that. 
Retired Now

Offline JWRacedog

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 11:30:07 AM »
I just talked to the client and tried to swap our that ext 10 phone for another phone---but he went to other phones and indicated to me that ALL the phones have lines in their displays like "1X11 !" on the display, plus "Forward..11" etc.  I can't rely on this information, so for sure, I'll have to make a trip there.  I did get him to re-boot the ACS but it came back up just the way it was.

He indicates to me that someone was in programming many months ago and that may be the problem.  Like Hal said,  "It's impossible to figure out what someone might have done if they got into the system and played with the programming."  So, a default of the system and reprogramming may be in order.
Retired Now

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 03:40:26 PM »
If all phones have garbled displays it has to be a processor problem, I doubt anything through programming could do that. Take a look to confirm that it's really as he says. If so (and I probably would anyway) default it. As soon as it comes back up you'll know right away from the displays what you have to do.

-Hal

Offline ttech

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
It's gotta be a later R7 or an R8

If the Extension name for 10 is programmed as 1 the will say 1x10

Do a feature 59 and report back

Offline ttech

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 03:57:10 PM »
~also~

the exclamation point after the 10 tells the user there are calls in the caller ID log.

[another reason to suspect it is a later R7 or an R8]

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »
Yeah, you could name the extension anything if it's an R7-8 but the date and time should still be there. It also shouldn't be saying forward.

-Hal