Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IP Office - PARTNER Version  (Read 9879 times)

Offline dtmf

• Pro Shop Member
    • All Types phone Service
Re: IP Office - PARTNER Version
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »
I have no problem when selling to a new customer, my ACS customers won't budge on the replacing half their sets when there current system is providing what they need (of which I can defiantly see their point) so if over 18 isn't going to happen there really isn't much you can help on that situation but wait until they bite the dust and they need a new system and as we all know they can last a very long time.

And I to would like to thank you for your direct and honest posting, it has helped.
I swear I didn't touch it

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 09:07:15 AM »
So what do we (or I) need to do to help you sell more PARTNER Version solutions?

Just continue with what you are doing. The old Partner was a best seller and as long as you at least provide the same feature set on the new platform there is no reason it can't continue.

One thing that I have to say though is that the problems with the ACS R7 and R8 really hurt Partner's credibility and sales. I don't think we were able to sell even one ACS R7 because of the delays in recognizing serious problems then coming up with patches that actually caused other problems. This was just a disaster. I'm happy to see that you are now much more responsive. We recently found a problem with CID Logging when using ETR cards and I see that already you have an upgrade to patch it. Good work! I actually have a potential customer looking to upgrade their old Partner and CID logging was on top of their "must have list".

As long as I'm on this subject it would be nice also if we could be kept up to date about technical issues such as problems, solutions, upgrades, etc. I know Chip does a great job with sending us sales and marketing information, you have all our email addresses- how about technical information as well so we don't have to go digging for it or hearing it through the grapevine?

-Hal

I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 10:17:13 AM »
I have no problem when selling to a new customer, my ACS customers won't budge on the replacing half their sets when there current system is providing what they need (of which I can defiantly see their point) so if over 18 isn't going to happen there really isn't much you can help on that situation but wait until they bite the dust and they need a new system and as we all know they can last a very long time.

I look at this situation as kind of a double-edged sword. Way back when, when a customer was upgraded to a Partner from a Merlin you couldn't re-use the phones and Partner sold well. Now we have the ability to re-use up to 18 ETR phones. Maybe that's not such a good idea. I can see customers thinking, especially in this economy "well, if I can re-use some of my phones why not all?" and it pisses them off. I'm begining to think that maybe we shouldn't even give them that option unless the customer has 18 or fewer phones or you are sure that they are comfortable with replacing some of them. We really need to sell the advantages of the 1400 and now the 9500 series phones as just as much a reason to upgrade as replacing the KSU.

-Hal

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline dtmf

• Pro Shop Member
    • All Types phone Service
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 05:43:11 PM »
Hal,
I agree with you 100%, but I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment of (especially in this economy) I'm sure it has a lot to do with it.
I swear I didn't touch it

Offline rerogers777

• Manufacturer
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 07:00:36 AM »
Reusing the existing ETR sets is ok, but as I stated in a previous post, once the end user see's the advantages and benefits of the 14xx (and the new 95xx) sets, more will migrate to the new digital sets. Why? Based on my internews with BP's / Users:

- Visual Voice (is #1)
 - Dial by Name directory (internal or external)
 - Multi-party conferecing (to to 64 parties) with Selective Drop (not just last party added)
 - Mute button (for handset, headset and speakerphone)
 - 20# Last Number Redial log
 - Enhanced Call Logs
 - DBM32 adjunct - buttons can be used for ANYTHING (vs. only Auto Intercom on the CA48), and can have multiple DBM32's (up to 30)

The hottest selling14xx phone - 1416 followed bt 1408.

And just wait for the new 9504 and 9508 digital sets (avail with R7): completely paper-free, allowing you to custom-label your display.

My goal is to make the PARTNER Version as successful (or even more successful) than PARTNER ACS was. So far, those who have migrated to PARTNER Version have been very positive about it, once they realize what this system is truly capable of (but it has taken a while for them to understand the capabilities.)

PS - don't forget - PARTNER Version also includes 3 Mobility (Twinning) occurences AND 3 SIP Trunk occurences, as part of the basic system and at no cost.

Ron Rogers
SMB Product Manager - PARTNER Version
Avaya Inc.

Online hitechcomm

• HIZER Communicatins
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 08:08:43 AM »
Customers with Partner sets keep them as part of the upgrade does several things.
Keeps costs to the customer down.
Allows for upgrading sets  as they need them.
KEEPS CUSTOMER FROM LOOKING AT OTHER SYSTEMS

I think these 3 reasons in them selves are enough to keep the existing phones.
(of course we make less on the sale but keep a happy customer)

Offline rerogers777

• Manufacturer
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 08:17:45 AM »
I agree with you that it protects their investment and helps to migrate to a newer platform, but we've encountered a few things:

1. ETR sets will not migrate to full Essential Edition mode.
2. ETR sets are not being refreshed or updated (people are already saying they look old).
3. We are getting to a point where we may not be able to continue to build ETR sets (last time components).
4. The AVERAGE Partner ACS construct is 11 extensions

In an ideal world, we should migrate all sets and keep building. In reality, it's more cost effective to run with digital sets (and that's what w are promoting).

Again, not what you wanted to hear, but a straight forward answer to your comment.

Ron Rogers
SMB Product Manager - PARTNER Version
Avaya Inc.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 06:16:01 PM »
Ron, another thing that I just remembered. This has to do with the contact closure interface on the IP500 chassis. Normally it would be used to control one or two electric door strikes, access control systems or other similar systems. These are almost always installed and maintained by some company completely unrelated to the telecom vendor- a security company, electrician, locksmith and access control company are examples. The installers would have zero knowledge of the IP500 and will be looking for a set of SPDT dry contacts to control their equipment. Their equipment operates with anything from 9 to 24 volts, both AC and DC is used and the current can be up to several amps in the case of mag locks. Power is derived from a transformer or power supply specific to the door control.

In the case of the old Partner you had the contact closure adjunct that plugged into the contact closure processor port and provided the necessary relay dry contact functions. We would install an adjunct with instructions on how to connect to it for the door contractor. Pretty simple stuff.

With the IP500 all that is provided is a three circuit TRS jack that interfaces with ground and two open collector "pull downs" that are designed to operate an external DC powered relay for each contact closure. Correct me if I’m wrong but you don’t have a contact closure adjunct for the IP500?  So it's up to somebody to roll their own and I can’t see that happening. Not only is that 1/8” TRS jack a horrible choice because the plug/cables that are available aren’t real suitable for the job, the person is going to have to be smart enough to design a relay interface with a DC power supply within the specs given for the outputs in the docs that probably nobody even noticed. Guaranteed that the door control wiring gets connected directly via some hacked up cable from Radio Shack to the output and fries it. :002:

-Hal