Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barging In  (Read 2306 times)

Offline mschafer

• Technician
Barging In
« on: January 06, 2011, 11:26:17 PM »
Im trying to figure out how to 'moniter' a call or 'listen in' from another digital extention.  I know it has something to do with the barge in function, however i havnt gotten it working yet.   :023: Any ideas?

Offline TexasTechnician

Re: Barging In
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:15:50 AM »
"Barge In" is something the attendant is able to do on some systems. It means they enter the conversation.

"Monitor" means just what you described, to listen to the conversation without entering the conversation and normally without being detected.
This feature has to be enabled and each station must be allowed the feature as well. That's assuming the system has the feature. Not all systems do.

Lastly, it may be beneficial for you to research the laws in your area to see if this is legal. The laws vary from place to place.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 07:46:10 AM »
Have you set-up a class of service for the phone you want to monitor with that option?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline Marc Haycook

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 11:16:42 AM »
Im trying to figure out how to 'moniter' a call or 'listen in' from another digital extention.  I know it has something to do with the barge in function, however i havnt gotten it working yet.   :023: Any ideas?

The barge in feature on the Samsung system is simple to setup, but there are a couple of important steps. Because this is tech level programming, please re-post this question in the private technician section.
Marc Haycook
CCNA
Sport-Touring