Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shifting tiles in Reporter Realtime  (Read 3111 times)

Offline dfleschute

• Technician
Shifting tiles in Reporter Realtime
« on: October 15, 2010, 03:15:22 PM »
CSM V5.  I have 62 tiles on my Reporter Realtime.  My personal files (CVD, FLT, etc) are stored in my networked "My Documents" location.  The desktop shortcut redirects to that location for those files.  My local machine is running Windows 7.

About once a week, I'll open Realtime to find my tiles have shifted.  With 62 tiles, you can imagine my dismay at having to realign each tile.  No, using the on-board method of arrangement is not acceptable.  I realize that I do not have to keep my personal files in My Documents since I have a local PC.  We have a number of CSM users connecting via Citrix.  We have a large number of Citrix servers for load balancing.  They must use this method.  As Administrator, I use it to confirm it is working.
Nothing is as easy as it seems, or as difficult as you believe.

Offline bshow

Re: Shifting tiles in Reporter Realtime
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:31:29 AM »
I'm new to the board and hopefully have gotten a solution to this problem.  But if not, we handled this by making the CVD file attribute read only (you may want to do this to your FLT).  Thus simply exiting the program and saying we did not want to save the changes made it so when the program was restarted the tiles were just how we set it up.  It calls for getting them the way you want them, exiting the program, then making the file read-only and starting it back up.