Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Extension 100 callers can't hear receptionist when phone is answered  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Sparky

• Technician
    • Tel the Sky Communications
My customer has reported that when callers call in, the receptionist cannot be heard.  The callers are heard perfectly before they hang up in frustration when they do not hear the receptionist. 
If the receptionist gets up and goes to another extension and pushes that line button, the callers can hear her perfectly.  So we know it is not the line.
My customer has tried swapping the same type of phone, swapping handsets, swapping handset cords, plugging and unplugging the phone to reset it, double checking to make sure it is NOT in mute mode, interoffice calls are the same:  receptionist/100 cannot be heard,; this is only happening at station 100, the most important station in the office.
Is there something in programming that could have possibly been programmed by acciident and caused this problem?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Offline lolly3

Re: Extension 100 callers can't hear receptionist when phone is answered
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »

Is there something in programming that could have possibly been programmed by acciident and caused this problem?
No,  just the Mute button or a pre-programed handset Mute key.

If the end user has change the phone with a working phone and is having the same problem I would try one of two things.  Reseat the ULD card the EXT is on.  This can be done with the system on.  The other thing is reset the system.  Remember the IPEX should be shut down through Telnet 1st.

Offline Sparky

• Technician
    • Tel the Sky Communications
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »
Customer reset the system...problem fixed...Thanks so much!!!!

Offline lolly3

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:49:03 PM »
Happy your all fixed.  Come back if you need more help. :008: