Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Return to Standard Time  (Read 147 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Return to Standard Time
« on: October 31, 2020, 09:54:38 PM »
Does anyone manually adjust any clocks anymore?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online Keighlar

Re: Return to Standard Time
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 10:32:54 PM »
I certainly do.  :)
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 11:40:19 PM »
A clock above the TV, a mantle clock in the office, and my watch. 

Don't turn any fine time pieces backwards.  The mantle clock chimes. I take it all the way around.  The watch has a date, so to save effort I just pull the stem out, wait an hour, pop it back in and we're good.

I looked at a house the other day that had a very grand, grandfather clock. It was near 8'.  Had I put in an offer on that place, it would have included that clock.  :008:
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online Yoda

• Pro Shop Member
    • Tel-Comm Services
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »
Still set my wristwatch and the clock in my pickup. 

A little off topic, but clock related: I remember when I was a kid,  my mother recieved a mantle clock from a relative who had passed away. It was called an 8-day clock IIRC. Mom wound it up and set it on a shelf.  It chimed every 15 minutes, day and night, for the next 8 days. It was never wound again. 

Jim

Online EV607797

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 11:00:30 PM »
My microwave, oven and the phone system at my house.  Oh, and about 130 customers' systems and voice mails today, so to answer your question, yes I do.
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Online silversam

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 07:42:12 AM »
I've got a couple I still reset.

We've got an oak Grandmother clock (Wall hanging, about 3' tall). We got it as an engagement present from a group of old friends. It's got that every 15 minute Westminster chime. When we moved I tested it again and it needs maintenance. It's needed maintenance for 20 years. It might be another 20 years till it gets it... :011:

Sam

Online Keighlar

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 09:24:27 AM »
I counted 11 devices I had to update in the house yesterday.  I don't need no stickin' updated technology.   :011:
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 03:16:13 PM »
I was amazed to see that Ford finally has their clocks update automatically. Only took them until 2020.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 03:20:04 PM »
Oh, and about 130 customers' systems and voice mails today...

Don't remember if it's the spring or fall, but the friggin' Partner R6's will update then three weeks later go back. That's when you have to set it manually.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 09:57:04 PM »
I learned how to move a Grandfather Clock years ago.  If you're not careful those will need to be recalibrated after every move.  My mantle clock went on the fireplace in one of the offices to mark the end of sessions.  You can turn those chimes way down on this one.  It's a nice sound, though.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.