Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Does anyone here know anything about fixing TVs?  (Read 592 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Re: Does anyone here know anything about fixing TVs?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 10:21:09 AM »
Ed, have you tried a hammer
Give it 2 good bangs and call me in the morning

:011: :011: :011: :011: :011:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline pvj

Re: Does anyone here know anything about fixing TVs?
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 11:05:12 PM »

Yes, the sound continues to work, in fact all functions work.  It's just the picture that cuts in and out.

The picture is completely gone now.  It does nothing but a strobe-like flash of the screen about every second when powered up. 

I've looked at lots of information on the web and it is either bad LED strips (I hope not) or a bad power supply.  Either of these repairs aren't an option for me right now, so I'll just use this 'little' 32" until I can come up with a solution.  Thanks again, everyone.

If I remember correctly that's what mine did as well.I opened up the case and there were a few (3-4?) bad looking bulged out capacitors in the power supply.Cost me less than $10 to fix