Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)  (Read 4407 times)

Skip555 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online RATHER BE FISHING

Re: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2020, 09:15:23 PM »
Heavy sigh. I know 7 people in my family and friends circle who have contracted Covid 19. 3 are dead. Call it BS if you wish. Their family called the funeral home. Two were in their 40s. One was 68 with no preexisting conditions. Talked with a cousin in North Carolina 2 nights ago. A buddy of his passed from it.  He was 27.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2020, 09:39:49 PM »
So sorry to hear that, Dave.  Sounds like you may know more people fighting it than I do.  Like Larry I'm trying to be part of the solution.  At first I dug in and stayed in the office.  A week later I was hanging a sign on the door and moved everyone home when I had people coming in that were supposed to be in self-quarantine. 

Again, so sorry about your friends and family.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2020, 09:53:38 PM »
Dave, very sorry to hear of so much loss of life and of such young people.

Sorry for the confusion, I don't think COVID-19 is BS but there is a lot of politicizing of the situation which is BS.

My statement; There are many people who are on the fence about whether or not this is real.  Well it's real, but unfortunately so is the BS. 
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online Skip555

« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2020, 06:03:39 PM »
So sorry to hear that Dave.  We're considering it a real threat and taking every precaution we can.   We don't know of anyone who has contracted it.
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2020, 09:16:36 PM »
One more family friend got it. 48 years old. 4 days in ICU and recovered. Took a toll on his body.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2020, 09:36:41 PM »
One more family friend got it. 48 years old. 4 days in ICU and recovered. Took a toll on his body.

So sorry, Dave, but glad he pulled through.  Long term toll?  Will he fully recover?

I was notified today of 3 more near me that are now in quarantine.  Twenty somethings around here are leading the pack in the age group as they're just not going to stay home.  ICU is full.  This area has set daily records for three weeks in cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.

This is my latest update from my brother out in the Mojave Desert:

"Since I last reported some stats to you things have blown up here.   On 5/28 I reported to you that we only had 69 cases of the virus, with 10 deaths.  I track the virus daily via the county health department and as of today, 6/28 we have 461 cases, and 25 deaths.  Not only is the spike cause for alarm it has caused me to completely cut myself off from the world.  I pretty much do everything by delivery.  I've gotten good at being a comfortable hermit.  So far the only real negatives have been not being able to see my grandkids, and not being able to get a haircut.  All my life I had a military style haircut, now I am turning into an old hippie!

I noticed that the spike in the virus is also very high in TX.  Not sure why the thing is spiking, and not going dormant with the heat, which apparently has no effect on it.  What I am sure of is that people are responsible for the community spread.  And since most people are assholes that's not surprising."

BTW, Dave.  You would absolutely love this guy. The three of us, some Mexican beer, and some explosives...  Just sayin.  :008:

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2020, 06:42:33 AM »
I was about to ask the both of you; "What is happening in Texas?"   I'm hearing a lot in the national news about the increase in cases there!  So much for the heat theory.    I've also heard where this virus can have long term "effects" on survivors! Many openings which were scheduled for July 1 have been reversed.

People complied for a while, before the summer weather hit, now everyone is going crazy!

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2020, 08:41:14 AM »
Don't know about full recovery Trace. I do find it odd that if you have ever had Covid and recover that you are permanently disqualified for military service enlistment. Seems like a lot of young folks who get this and wanted to join the military aren't going to be able to. Reason being given is the long term effects of post Covid infection are unknown. Some haven't recovered taste and smell for over 4 months after beating this which usually indicates some sort of neurological dysfunction. Be glad to see this subside and maybe we can get  our semi normal lives back. Mexican beers and things that go bang sound like a good start.

Larry- Texas has turned into a shit storm.  Governor is coming on at 1700 for an announcement.  I expect it to be a public health emergency. Too many parties and too many bar openings has this thing on a tear. Even the children's hospitals in Houston are admitting adults. Very grim short term outlook.

Offline NFCphoneman

• Jacksonville Telephone Systems
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2020, 02:47:43 PM »
So much for the heat theory.

One of the theories is that when it gets really hot in places like Texas and Florida, people go inside where the air-conditioning is. Of course, I have no idea if that is true, or basically what to believe anymore. I just try to use common sense and stay away from as many people as possible.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2020, 04:05:36 PM »
That's all you can do, Larry.

Dave, that's a new one.  I had NO idea you were permanently disqualified from military service.  That speaks volumes that there is more there.

Children's Medical Center here in Dallas is having to bring in contract nurses to run the wards because they have so many nurses out in quarantine. 

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2020, 05:37:30 PM »
So much for the heat theory.

One of the theories is that when it gets really hot in places like Texas and Florida, people go inside where the air-conditioning is. Of course, I have no idea if that is true, or basically what to believe anymore. I just try to use common sense and stay away from as many people as possible.

Hello! I've been saying that for months. That's the theory I put forth as to why viruses like this and the flu get out of control in the winter. People congregate indoors where it's warm or air conditioned.  And in most commercial spaces they recirculate the air that everybody exhales.

The other problem (or really an extension of this one) is that people are stupid. Don't know if I talked about people here who sit in their cars and wear masks or wear masks out in the open.  The other day my wife and I ate at the outdoor dining area of a restaurant. There were a few tables set up under a tent in the parking lot. We get out of our car and walk maybe 20 feet directly to a table under the tent. Another table is finished and the couple puts masks on to walk that same 20 feet out across the parking lot to their car where they take their masks off.

I notice another table of four over in the corner by itself, obviously a family, actually eating with masks on. They lift their masks just enough to put food or a straw in their mouths. WTF. Just stay the hell home of you have to suffer like that.

My point to all of this is that people listen to the media and all they hear is wear your masks. So like sheep that's what they do. No common sense. So now when states like Texas open up the stupid people only hear that it's OK to go to restaurants and bars again and act like everything is back to normal.

-Hal

I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2020, 07:12:50 PM »
People congregate indoors where it's warm or air conditioned.

As we enter summer, this would explain to sudden increase in cases.

The other problem (or really an extension of this one) is that people are stupid.

I couldn't agree more.

Yesterday I canceled our annual family reunion set for July 11th......half of the family is glad and the other half want to string me up!  :007:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2020, 09:07:39 PM »
...half of the family is glad and the other half want to string me up![/b]  :007:

A true American family.   :011:

Online telemarv

« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2020, 08:26:34 AM »
Yesterday, Canada's largest city,Toronto, passed a temporary bylaw. Masks are now mandatory in all indoor public spaces.

No shoes, no shirt, no mask... no service.
Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2020, 06:55:05 PM »
Do they actually enforce it there, Marv?  Here the laws are pretty empty.  If you don't follow it, there are no repercussions. 

As for the heat:  "Arizona recorded more coronavirus deaths, infections, hospitilzations, and emergency room visits today than ever before."  The lizards burn their feet out there.

Update:  "On June 29, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey issued an executive order, entitled “Pausing of Arizona's Reopening."  Looks like they're returning to at least a partial shelter in place.  The Texas governor is fighting that so hard.  He really doesn't want to do that to the economy, but as Dave mentioned, it's nuts here.  He may have to do so.