Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)  (Read 4527 times)

NFCphoneman and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2020, 07:18:21 PM »
Haven't had cable TV for a couple of years now.  Sometimes I get a bit behind on the goings-on, but it's worth it. 
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
― John Steinbeck

Offline EV607797

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2020, 12:01:58 AM »
I still have the local stations streaming, and my reason for having them was to be able to tune in the morning news and check the weather, traffic, sports, local events, etc.  That stuff stopped coming back in the impeachment days.  Nowadays, the talking heads literally report nothing but coronavirus scare tactics.  This may be a good reason to finally cut my ties with network TV altogether.  I will proudly say that I haven't watched the local networks' news programs for at least two weeks and it feels good.
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Online Keighlar

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2020, 07:45:47 AM »
I see commercials sometimes on the weekends if I'm watching the Roku channel, but other than that, I don't see ads, talking heads, the proliferation of fear and anger... I just put that portion of my life away.  I still hold the same beliefs, but they're mine and I realized that I'm no longer going to change the world.  Who would want to put themselves in the spotlight enough to want to try? 

I understand what the well-meaninged people are doing here in this "crisis."  They are attempting not to overload our healthcare infrastructure as has happened in Italy.  It's not being properly thought through, though. 
  • Working parents now have children at home all day with the schools closing down.  Either the economy is further hit by at least one parent having to stay home, or all those kids will go to the babysitter - so you still have a congregation of children all in the same place.  What have you fixed?
  • How are your local, small businesses going to survive closing down for a month?  Even if the business is liquid and healthy enough, what about all those employees?  My daughter is a waitress with no savings.  When they finally decide that restaurants all need to close, what will happen?  The burden will be placed on me to try to provide for both of us.  And if I get sick?  I don't have a month of sick time PTO to recover.
  • So, the government comes in with grants and stipends and hand-outs.  All of these people that are independent and conservative, that have never taken assistance, who have worked and worked and worked - even when it's hard, will be forced take these hand-outs when the store shelves are empty and business is shut down.  Now we've normalized the government being the hand that feeds, even though these forced shutdowns are causing the problem to begin with.  It's an old game - creating the circumstances to be your own hero. 

I am so tired of this world.  I'm tired of the games and the politics.  I'm tired of being another cog in the machinations. 

I'm looking to finally buy a house for the first time in my life.  Maybe I can find that quiet corner of the world I've been craving.   
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
― John Steinbeck

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2020, 09:00:57 AM »
      I realized that I'm no longer going to change the world.  Who would want to put themselves in the spotlight enough to want to try? 

Working parents now have children at home all day with the schools closing down.  Either the economy is further hit by at least one parent having to stay home, or all those kids will go to the babysitter - so you still have a congregation of children all in the same place.  What have you fixed?

How are your local, small businesses going to survive closing down for a month?

• So, the government comes in with grants and stipends and hand-outs.  All of these people that are independent and conservative, that have never taken assistance, who have worked and worked and worked - even when it's hard, will be forced take these hand-outs when the store shelves are empty and business is shut down.  Now we've normalized the government being the hand that feeds, even though these forced shutdowns are causing the problem to begin with.  It's an old game - creating the circumstances to be your own hero. 

All excellent points Stacy, not a lot of thought but a whole lot of panic and knee-jerk reaction!

And the "normalizing" of Government.........never let a crisis go to waste....... the power hungry bastards have everyone just where they want us!  I know this virus is real.......but so is the plan to break a wonderful and powerful country! And those who can see what's happening.........we're told we have tinfoil hats!  I doesn't mean much for an old bastard like myself, my time is about over.  I do feel for a young person like yourself, who is wide awake!  Good luck Stacy, let me know if I can ever help!

President Trump put himself in the spotlight when he didn't have to and look at what happened to him!  He made himself rich before he got into politics while politicians made themselves rich with politics, yet everyone want to defend the corrupt politicians and project their sins on him. Now I know why Ben Franklin, when asked what kind of government do we have, answered; "A Republic if you can keep it."   I'm not sure we can keep it!   [/list]
    "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online telemarv

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2020, 09:04:40 AM »
    So.........wash your hands, turn off the news and just relax!  :066:

Yup. Not watching "All corona virus, all the time" either.  :002:

-Hal

And don't look at your stock portfolio.
    Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
      • www.lscg.net
    « Reply #50 on: March 16, 2020, 09:08:22 AM »
    And don't look at your stock portfolio.

Very good point!   :066:
    "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online hbiss

• Administrator
    « Reply #51 on: March 16, 2020, 12:48:20 PM »
    When they finally decide that restaurants all need to close, what will happen?

Well, that's exactly what happened. Cuomo closed all restaurants and bars except for takeout. CT and NJ are doing the same thing. Can your daughter do prep? I would imagine takeout is going to be brisk.

Oh, and he changed the liquor law to allow booze to go also.

-Hal
    I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
      • www.lscg.net
    « Reply #52 on: March 16, 2020, 01:10:59 PM »
    From one of our local restaurants;

Dear Guest,

AS Coronavirus (COVID-19) has begun to spread throughout the United States we want to assure you that xxxx xxxxxx Café’s is focused on keeping our facility, products, and employees healthy and safe. We maintain a thorough cleaning and sanitizing checklist and have asked the staff to increase the frequency of this list. We strictly enforce hand washing throughout the day and using gloves with our ready to serve items. Also, we have asked staff who are feeling ill to stay home.

Please be assured that we are committed to your health, safety and providing great meals and service.

Thank you,
    Chef XXXXX XXXX
    Owner

Thank you,
    xxxx xxxxx Cafe & Catering

Somehow this is not doing it for me!

Today I purchased some canned goods at the super market. After the clerk finish bagging my order she commented on thinking she was getting sick and started to sniffle!  I should have refused the order, I was shocked about it and said nothing. I did not take the cans in the house, but left them in the garage after wiping them down with disinfectant! Also, we have our 1st confirmed case of corona virus in Charlottesville!   :002:   

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online telemarv

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2020, 02:29:05 PM »
    Canada has shut the border to all foreigners except Americans (I guess if you go down so do we).

Our Prime Minister is in quarantine as his wife has tested positive.

All government, school buildings, shopping malls and public places are closed.

Restaurants are open but there allowed capacity has been halved.
    Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
      • www.lscg.net
    « Reply #54 on: March 16, 2020, 02:42:59 PM »
    Dana and everyone in her office was told to take their notebook PC's home and start working from home as of tomorrow. After what I went through today at the grocery store, I'm staying home for the foreseeable future, no more fresh fruits and veggies for awhile.   

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online hbiss

• Administrator
    « Reply #55 on: March 16, 2020, 04:38:21 PM »
    Gonna be a few months before we can grow our own.  :016:

-Hal
    I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
      • www.lscg.net
    « Reply #56 on: March 16, 2020, 05:48:42 PM »

-Hal

I've always wanted to have a greenhouse.  I wonder why I didn't follow through on that?  :023:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online MrGemini

• Administrator
      • GO HAWKS!
    « Reply #57 on: March 16, 2020, 07:38:57 PM »

-Hal

I've always wanted to have a greenhouse.  I wonder why I didn't follow through on that?  :023:

Probably because you won't find them at the Mecum Auction  :011:

Online Keighlar

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2020, 08:39:34 PM »
    Can your daughter do prep? I would imagine takeout is going to be brisk.
    -Hal

She's already been let go until at least April 17th.  She'll get unemployment, though.   :020:  I cannot comprehend this level of absurdity. 
    ― John Steinbeck

Online Keighlar

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2020, 08:43:26 PM »
    We strictly enforce hand washing throughout the day and using gloves with our ready to serve items. Also, we have asked staff who are feeling ill to stay home.

Before the restaurants closed down tonight, Karleigh was coming home with her hands rubbed red and raw from washing them so often.  She was in pain from following the guidelines.
    ― John Steinbeck