Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)  (Read 3491 times)

Online RATHER BE FISHING

Re: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2020, 07:34:50 PM »
It's pretty brutal down here too. Shelves are bare. People are agitated. We always have a minimum 10-14 day supply of SHTF survival  items so we are ok. Amazed that the first things to disappear down here was toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and Spam.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2020, 08:14:14 PM »
I'm not sure why the run on bottled water.  There is still an endless supply coming out of the faucet. 
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2020, 10:31:29 PM »
I'm not sure why the run on bottled water.  There is still an endless supply coming out of the faucet.

Want to know why this administration made the meetings with health agencies over the issue classified? Exactly to avoid what's happening now.

If this were a big snowstorm or another Sandy or Katrina I could see the panic. Supply chain distribution is interrupted so stores can't restock. Nobody can get to your house, you can't get out. But with this none of that is true. There is nothing to keep anybody away from your house!

Stores and restaurants here are offering free delivery in the event you are quarantined, one restaurant actually offering a 10% discount. We have always had PeaPod and other on-line ordering/delivery services as part of the supermarkets here that many working people use.

So what's the problem? Ignorant people. I think there is a belief that large areas will be shut down leaving people stranded without food and other essentials. That stores will be quarantined for two weeks or more.  Did I mention the video circulating on social media that the pentagon is going to shut down all stores for two weeks? Is the government and media doing anything to address the hording because of the fake news and hype that's scareing people even more than they should be?

I can only hope that these idiots will get stocked up and the stores re-stocked so things will get back to normal.

-Hal

I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2020, 11:04:16 PM »
My daughter hasn't been quarantined from working as a waitress yet.  Tech certainly isn't shutting down. 

I'm still waiting to see my first zombie. 
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
― John Steinbeck

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2020, 12:51:00 AM »
Over in Little Falls the schools are shut down for a month (They have 2 weeks spring break anyway). There was one confirmed case of someone who worked in the school system.

ETA: Stacy would know where Little Falls is in Herkimer. Might not make sense to to the rest of you.

-Hal

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2020, 10:47:57 AM »
My wife went shopping and she said people were taking stuff out of other peoples carts if you turned your back with something they were running out of in it.
People are loosing there minds!

I'm not sure why the run on bottled water.  There is still an endless supply coming out of the faucet
I can't understand that either.

I do our grocery shopping every 2 days. The reason for this is, our diet is mostly fresh fruits and vegetables and very little processed foods.  I also shop at 7:30 AM to avoid too many people.  Because of this I've seen quite a change in behavior in the stores.  On Monday there was plenty of everything with the exception of hand gel and rubbing alcohol. I knew something was up yesterday morning when at 7:30 AM the parking lot was full of cars. I could not believe the mass hysteria taking place! Every shopping card was filled with toilet paper and bottled water.....every cart had one or the other, or both! I saw a husband & wife team with 2 carts grabbing everything they could while another father son team was doing the same thing!  I watched an old guy (but still younger than me) load bottled water one case after another until he had 6 cases of water in and on every part of his cart. The fun part was watching him try to push it, he finally did get it going, I didn't wait around to see him try to stop it.  We have plenty of frozen fruits and vegetables if we can't purchase fresh in the near future. We are not "tinfoil hat prepers", but we are country prepers with enough supplies for 6-8 weeks.  We had already prepared for the flu season before all this crap began.     Last night we went to one of our favorite local restaurants, and for the first time I did not have to look for parking! The Governor of Virginia has closed all schools (K-12) and many other events are being canceled.   

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2020, 03:48:48 PM »
How much of this is going on? This piece of dog excrement figured he could make his family rich.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.html

-Hal

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2020, 05:30:36 PM »
The hand sanitizer has an expiration date, and those canisters of disinfectant wipes will dry out.  I hope the jerk gets stuck with all of it!  I would get rid of all of it quick, this problem will pass soon and no one will want or need it anymore. 

I guess the real point is, he should have never bought all this from retail shelves to begin with.

Our local Lowe's store was selling Lysol disinfectant wipes in plastic containers with a limit of 10 canisters per person, it was all gone in 2 days.  I think 10 per person was more than generous, I purchased only one.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online EV607797

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2020, 10:10:48 PM »
All of the schools in NC are now officially closed for through the end of March.  As if illiteracy wasn't already enough of an issue around here.  Let's keep them dumb and then the media can dream something up that will help keep them even dumber.
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2020, 10:34:13 PM »
My assistant just sent this out to our company via IM:

US travel ban expanded to UK & Ireland, Spain on nationwide lockdown, France closes Eiffel Tower & Louvre
Apple closed all stores
All Disney parks closed
Universal Resorts, Sea World, Six Flags

My response:

On the lighter side:

-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2020, 01:05:16 PM »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/11/media-fueling-coronavirus-panic-under-fire/?fbclid=IwAR1dnFPvbs2QLwrVoutlP3uXchS_A_uM18JsqBpEQ9nfmfklq2YOzsl-4Qc

Concerns about the coronavirus pandemic are both warranted and understandable, but the media is increasingly coming under fire for stoking a panic mentality that experts decry as both counter-productive and unsupported by the facts.

In addition to the stock market’s daily roller coaster ride, grocery stores and warehouse clubs in some areas have been picked clean of essentials such as toilet paper, paper towels and sanitizing wipes (or have rationed sales to prevent that) as coronavirus coverage dominates social media and the 24/7 news cycle.

The message from public health and infectious disease experts: It’s important to take the coronavirus threat seriously, but it’s also critical not to overreact.

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2020, 01:15:22 PM »

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online telemarv

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2020, 04:37:07 PM »
The message from public health and infectious disease experts: It’s important to take the coronavirus threat seriously, but it’s also critical not to overreact.

Amen to that.

The same hoarding mentality is going on here as well. No toilet paper or facial tissue anywhere to be found. The canned and frozen veggies isles are empty.
Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2020, 06:52:59 PM »
Our radio club is trying to help the elderly with any items they may need.  I went to 3 major chain stores today only to find the following items completely gone; toilet paper, paper towels, table napkins, eggs, cereal, milk, and bread! One major chain had a sale scheduled for this week on paper goods, to their credit they left all items at the sale price until it was all gone. I hope everyone remembers how great this store is to our community. When the Governor closed all schools everyone realized they would need to feed their children at home, no school lunch!

Our club is having a net on 2 meters every night at 7 PM to check on each other and to see if anyone needs our help.

I have turned off all news and only listen to "Willie's Road House"

So.........wash your hands, turn off the news and just relax!  :066:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2020, 07:01:22 PM »
So.........wash your hands, turn off the news and just relax!  :066:

Yup. Not watching "All corona virus, all the time" either.  :002:

-Hal