Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)  (Read 3490 times)

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 01:46:04 PM »
Funny thing is that it was only a tank for some.  That was the most profitable tank in history by billions.  People made a lot of money off those short sells.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »
Hal, you are spot on.  I've never seen so many closings and cancellations over a big nothing as this!

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 07:50:22 PM »
Hal, you are spot on.  I've never seen so many closings and cancellations over a big nothing as this!

Stay calm everyone.  They've found the bug:

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 08:27:02 PM »
Gentlemen...over 1000 dead Italians would disagree with you. Lose your preconceived perception of hoaxes cause the analytics is not on your side. Why did this administration make the meetings with health agencies over the issue classified? Let me spoil it for you... the body count is much higher than is what is being let on. You really think professional investors, bankers, healthcare workers, government officials, religious leaders, etc. are just falling for nothing? You are whistling past the graveyard. Not everything ties to Soros, the Clintons, and every other boogie man. Wow. To be revisited in 2 weeks. We will see what shakes out but this ain't a conspiracy to get your fearless leader. Hopefully we are better prepared for the pandemic than other nations. I guess time will tell.

3:43 CST   1,109 Italians dead, 15,113 infected, 1153 in intensive care.

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 08:45:12 PM »
It's getting worse and worse with the closings.  I was at an installation today at a place that takes lots of government grants, so it's quite left-leaning.  I listened to them scoff about how conservatives believe this could be a liberal plot.  They laughed about how they were all in on this conspiracy.

What they don't understand is that of course we don't believe they are in on it!  They aren't the power players.  I personally don't believe they have anything to do with it.  I DO believe it's being exploited.  It's insanity at this point for a virus that is the equivalent of bronchitis.  They've closed down the entire WORLD!
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
― John Steinbeck

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 08:50:19 PM »
 "It's insanity at this point for a virus that is the equivalent of bronchitis." Time will tell. :023:

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 09:05:37 PM »
I had a meeting today with a member of a large, well known defense contractor.  They've all been sent to work from home, and were assigned one of two teams.  Team green is to have no contact with team orange.  This individual told me that they really felt like they hadn't been told anything about what the virus is or isn't until this meeting today.  As you said, Dave.  Time will tell.

BTW, I have a case of 3M Avagard D professional grade hand sanitizer we use at the hospital.  I'll open the bidding at $1,000.00.   :008:

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 08:26:16 AM »
It's getting worse and worse with the closings.  I was at an installation today at a place that takes lots of government grants, so it's quite left-leaning.  I listened to them scoff about how conservatives believe this could be a liberal plot.  They laughed about how they were all in on this conspiracy.

What they don't understand is that of course we don't believe they are in on it!  They aren't the power players.  I personally don't believe they have anything to do with it.  I DO believe it's being exploited.  It's insanity at this point for a virus that is the equivalent of bronchitis.  They've closed down the entire WORLD!

Well said as always Stacy.

To reinforce what Stacy is saying, no conservative believes this was created by the left, but we do believe they will take advantage of it.

Remember;  "Never let a crisis go to waste"   :066:

As I've stated earlier in this thread, we all need to be on the same page with this! The media no longer has any credibility!
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 08:51:59 AM »
Now, let's get back to something more helpful for all of us;

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html

COVID-19 is a new disease and we are still learning how it spreads, the severity of illness it causes, and to what extent it may spread in the United States.

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online telemarv

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 11:13:07 AM »
This is not a virus that is the equivalent of bronchitis. It is a viral pneumonia with a mortality rate of 2%. 85% of cases so far are minor. 10% moderate and 5% severe. Models are showing an infection rate of at least 30% if left unchecked. That would equate to 1.8 million dead in the USA and 180K in Canada. I prefer not to be listed in an obituary.

While I'm not paranoid, I am concerned.

Is God culling the herd?
Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2020, 11:58:01 AM »
While I'm not paranoid, I am concerned.

Agreed!   :054:

Is God culling the herd?

We are not only a divided nation, we are a divided world!  Maybe he is giving us something to focus on, and work on, together!   :066:

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline ttech

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 03:32:51 PM »
Well.

Here in PA they closed all of the schools for 2 weeks,  and we are in a state of emergency.   All of the supermarkets are empty.   There is nothing left, all the shelves are bare.    There were lines of over 70 people at the door waiting to even get into BJs warehouse clubs.   Everybody was told to stay home unless you are essential personnel.  Its worse than a snow storm because you are guaranteed to have a minimum of a 2 week problem. 

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2020, 06:29:27 PM »
Well.

Here in PA they closed all of the schools for 2 weeks,  and we are in a state of emergency.   All of the supermarkets are empty.   There is nothing left, all the shelves are bare.    There were lines of over 70 people at the door waiting to even get into BJs warehouse clubs.   Everybody was told to stay home unless you are essential personnel.  Its worse than a snow storm because you are guaranteed to have a minimum of a 2 week problem.

Sounds just like Virginia!

How many others are seeing this?

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2020, 06:55:18 PM »
How many others are seeing this?

Like I said, I did. And as I walked past the lines of people waiting to check out I told them "you people are crazy!" I'm willing to bet that a lot of those people weren't even from this area.

This is a similar situation to the gas crisis way back when. Gas stations would only get gas at certain times and would be sold out in an hour. I remember waiting in line at a local station when some kid with some POS car with illegally tinted windows tried to cut in front of me. I could tell that, from his plate number prefix he was from the boroughs or NYC. I was ready to kill him, and told him to go back to his gas station, this is mine!  :008:

Guess I don't take kindly to this kind of stuff.  :066:

-Hal

I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline ttech

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2020, 07:05:04 PM »
My wife went shopping and she said people were taking stuff out of other peoples carts if you turned your back with something they were running out of in it.