Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)  (Read 4543 times)

NFCphoneman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2020, 09:12:02 PM »
My daughter says she hears China may be having a resurgence already.

Looks like Karleigh was right on point:

The Chinese government is warning people in the city of Wuhan to stay indoors amid concerns over a resurgence of coronavirus infections.

Brains and looks.  Runs in the family.   :008:
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2020, 09:59:39 PM »
2 weeks ago I saw maybe 1 of every 4 people wearing a mask.  Over half of the people I now encounter are wearing masks. Yesterday I went to the post office, out of 10 people in there, 6 had masks on, and one of them was also wearing gloves.

What are you seeing where you live?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2020, 10:30:49 PM »
In many jurisdictions here it's a hefty fine to not wear something.

If I have one big complaint about how things have been handled it was the mask propaganda.  We're not the first country to get this so the path is well documented.  In the beginning it was don't wear a mask, you don't need a mask, don't buy up masks.  Translation:  We need the masks so don't buy them.  Then once all the N95s were gone off the market:  Okay we bought up all we could, cover you face, you need a mask. 

Online telemarv

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2020, 07:26:20 AM »
Masks are mandated here when you are out and about. Non M-95 masks don't protect you. They help stop you from spreading the virus.
Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Offline MooreTel

« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2020, 05:51:48 AM »
Masks aren't mandated here yet.  I wear a mask, whether it is needed or not as with my diabetes & being on chemo I'm not taking chances anymore than I have to.  Social distancing is.  Laurie & I are doing just that;  she's been in Ontario for the past 3 weeks and not returning until June after her granddaughter is born.  :011:  When I go for treatment visitors aren't permitted in the hospitals so it's a long lonely day.  The good side is that the nurses aren't somewhere between 80 & 200 years old anymore.  They are young and not bad looking... :011:
Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2020, 04:08:47 PM »
What I find interesting is what people seem to be eating!   There is plenty of produce, but the frozen pizza selection is down to nothing as well as the hotdogs!  Terrible diets for some people!

Last week I was listening to Glen Beck who had a guest speaker from the meat packing industry.  This speaker (forgot his name already) claimed we will have a temporary shortage of chicken, beef, and pork starting around the end of April/beginning of May.  The reason he gave was due to the nature of work in the packing plants. He claimed the employees work shoulder to shoulder which violates the distancing requirements.  So far this is the only report I've heard and I don't see a run on any meat except for hotdogs.   
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2020, 05:23:39 PM »
There has been a lot of scares around the open produce.  Down here there was a known troublemaker coughing on all of it.  People suck.

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »
People suck. I think will be my new motto on the Taylor family coat of arms.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2020, 06:40:33 PM »
One of the problems with produce it all the handling to see which one you will purchase. 

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2020, 07:26:06 PM »
Email from my dentist;

We are gradually opening our door again for dental care! For the week of April 27-30, Dr. XXX only will be available. We will be making calls when the hygiene team returns. For your best health and ours, we are making some changes:

1. Patients will be scheduled with some time between to minimize contact.

2. We ask that adult patients come alone unless assistance is needed.

3. We ask that you wait in your car, text or call us when you arrive, and we will text or call you to come in.

4. Please wear a mask, scarf or bandana covering your nose and mouth until you are seated in the operatory. You will be asked to put your mask back on to leave.

5. When you leave the operatory, you will be given hand sanitizer and then will be handed your chart in a plastic bag to take to the front desk. In this way we reduce the amount of traffic in the hallways and number of those handling charts.

6. If someone else is in the reception area, please respect the social distancing that all of us are asked to observe.

****If you have any symptoms of illness including but not limited to fever, cough, shortness of breath or have been around someone with COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment.

For those whose appointments were cancelled, we will be calling when we know the hygienists' schedules. For the doctors' schedules we will also be calling but as always, do not hesitate to call the office if you need to get in sooner.

As always, if you cannot reach us at the office, call Dr. XXX home at 540-xxx-xxxx.

We look forward to seeing our patients again and to treating you safely. The office will look different and some procedures are new, but our commitment to the absolute best quality of dental care has not changed!

Thank you!

Dr. xxxx, Dr. xxxxx and the xxx xxxx team

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2020, 11:01:20 PM »

Dave we do some Beta testing for Sonicwall at times.  I've told them I have the perfect marketing campaign.  "Sonicwall.  Because people suck."

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2020, 07:10:29 AM »

Dave we do some Beta testing for Sonicwall at times.  I've told them I have the perfect marketing campaign.  "Sonicwall.  Because people suck."

:011: :054:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2020, 11:34:54 AM »
There has been a lot of scares around the open produce.  Down here there was a known troublemaker coughing on all of it.  People suck.

Lock em up! What's the problem??

One of the problems with produce it all the handling to see which one you will purchase. 

I see at my local supermarket they no longer slice cold cuts for you. Everything is pre-cut in zip lock bags. I can only guess that's because of people milling around waiting.

I agree that the produce is an issue and probably why it's not selling. The only solution I can think of is no self service. Have some people there to hand you whatever you want in a plastic bag.

When you get it home all you can do is rinse it with water, like you should anyway. I heard of some whack job who soaks her broccoli in bleach!  There is a commercial product available for washing produce that Chipotle probably bought 100,000 gallons of. It's phosphoric acid based. I don't know how effective it is against the virus however.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2020, 11:58:16 AM »
Found this posted on another board. I'm really sick of being screwed by NYC. That idiot di Blasio never shut down the schools when he was supposed to, never shut down mass transit and a whole bunch of other things, so this is what we have. Unfortunately Westchester is lumped in with that shit hole so we'll probably never see the light of day like the rest of the state will.

I feel bad for the businesses down there like restaurants and broadway because they will never see a resurgence of tourists at least for for many years.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/heres-how-much-downstate-new-york-is-skewing-the-united-states-coronavirus-numbers/

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2020, 03:54:33 PM »
What an excellent breakdown, Hal.  It puts what I've been saying into actual numbers to objectively prove the point.  We're being punished in upstate NY because of the problems in the city.  It makes me downright angry. 
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
― John Steinbeck