Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)  (Read 7218 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
« on: March 09, 2020, 11:28:16 AM »
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/share-facts-h.pdf

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Are you worried?............no more than  any other virus/flu season.

Are you ready?...............the same as any other year.

What are your thoughts?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online telemarv

Re: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 06:58:23 PM »
Not concerned except for the imploding stock market and my retirement going up in smoke.
Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Online Keighlar

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 08:33:37 PM »
Only worried about being sick for a month.  >.<  Already two confirmed cases in my town.  The ease of transmission is one of the issues and one of the two people was a pharmacist at a CVS, so pretty sure we're all screwed. 
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Offline Rhonda

• Wells Manufacturing, L.P.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 10:59:47 AM »
Not too worried with the exception of living alone and being down with the regular flu.  If we were to have to quarantine at home for a couple weeks, I would be fine.

However, we are experiencing service disruptions in trying to purchasing pc's and electronics.  All vendors are telling us they have no supply in the machines we are trying to buy and an ETA of April or May at best.  Apparently, I didn't pre-plan and stock up on spare machines when the virus hit.  Now we are scrambling to find alternative machines to get us through.  I am not even getting call backs from our Reps and Customer Service has no information to assist. 

Oh yea, and there is that little issue of the markets falling and the years it will take to build up again. 

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 03:31:28 PM »
Look up "hand sanitizer" on Ebay, then click on any one of the listings and this is what will come up;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Lot-of-Two-Assured-Hand-Sanitizer-w-Vitamin-Aloe-8oz-kills-99-of-Germs/313017405592?hash=item48e14a9098:g:Q~UAAOSwuyteXswF
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 07:01:06 PM »
We have people here making their own, probably in the kitchen sink.  :015:

Cuomo is having the prisoners up by Stacey making 100,000 Gal a week. Going to distribute it to government institutions and schools. Each time you cross his father's bridge you get a free bottle.  :011:

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 07:13:42 PM »
Well we had a lot of people making it here as well......................now you can't  find any rubbing alcohol!  :011:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online Keighlar

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 08:09:32 PM »
SUNY Purchase is closing down classrooms for the rest of the week to test their "planning and preparedness to respond to a potential out break on campus."  All classes will be held online.  I had a sales meeting scheduled for today.  It was canceled because the business closed their doors to all outside individuals.  It's panic and craziness.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Offline EV607797

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 10:43:42 PM »
Somewhere, George Soros is getting quite a laugh out of this.  He likely only spent a million to stir up this 'crisis' practically overnight.  It just goes to show how easy it is to buy and manipulate the US media outlets.  If you look at the real data, this strain of the corona virus is the least of our worries.  The billions being lost in commerce and the stock market are more devastating right now.  Perfect timing for an election year.  Here we are, the most powerful nation in the world, and we're still so gullible.  It's pathetic how we've become such a bunch of sheep under the direction of the talking heads on TV.

On a more ridiculous note:  I saw on the local news tonight that a regional chain of fitness centers has officially prohibited "high fiving" during workouts.  OK, let me up.  I've had enough!
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 01:30:32 PM »
Wasn't it a few months ago, after all the impeachment efforts failed, that the dems said the only way to get Trump out now is if the stock market crashed?

Very suspicious.

-Hal

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 02:25:35 PM »
Wasn't it a few months ago, after all the impeachment efforts failed, that the dems said the only way to get Trump out now is if the stock market crashed?

Very suspicious.

-Hal

:011: Excellent point, Hal.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online Keighlar

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 08:42:03 PM »

:011: Excellent point, Hal.

Quick!  Somebody take his temperature... I think he has the coronavirus!!   :002:

:005:
Dr Seuss

Online silversam

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 09:39:16 PM »
You guys have your tin-foil hats out yet?

Please! Not everything is a Democratic plot.

Though sometimes I might wish it was... :003:

Sam

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 06:50:32 AM »
We don't need tinfoil hats...........we've had 3 plus years watching the Dems project their sins on Trump! The media hates Trump as much as the left (excuse the redundancy, the media and the left are all the same) so this virus is hyped to take full advantage of hurting the President. This too will end up as another Wile E Coyote moment and the divide will be come greater between the left and the right when everyone should be on the same side with this!

This is sad, I did not post this in L,R,A forum and tried to keep it non-political!  :035:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 12:16:47 PM »
There's no doubt in my mind that there are some powerful people in the democratic party who would take this country down if it meant removing Trump from office.

This virus is the perfect storm. Shut down China where we get most of our raw materials and manufacturing from. The stock market crashes. The virus spreads to the US and worldwide. Our economy plummets. Trump can't do a thing to stop it.

I would say if you wanted to engineer something like this you couldn't do it any better.

-Hal