Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time  (Read 247 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Daylight Savings Time
« on: March 07, 2020, 04:39:59 PM »
It's the beginning of daylight savings time again.

Do you still have old devices which will require you to do a manual reset?   :023:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: Daylight Savings Time
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 07:51:34 PM »
Oh, crap.  I forgot all about that.  I sure do. 
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
― John Steinbeck

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 10:01:09 PM »
I've got clocks that I never got around to setting back in the fall. I figured why bother, I'm only going to have to put them back again.  :015:

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Offline MooreTel

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 07:02:26 AM »
Again, I have to propose a compromise.  Pick ONE, any one.  Move the clocks 1/2 hour ahead or back depending on the time of year and damn well leave it there FOREVER. 

This theory is last past.  When you start having States & Provinces that are refusing to follow the rule on time it creates confusion.

Say, for example, you live on the border of a neighbouring State or Province and follow the rule and your buddy lives on the other side of the border who does NOT follow the rule and then you two decide to meet for lunch at noon.  Someone's bound to be early or late.  It's even worse for airline or train schedules.  Think about it....tell your representatives!
Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

Offline EV607797

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 11:46:42 PM »
I just corrected the wall clock in my kitchen on Friday.  I never really use it; it's more for decoration.

Of course, I have hundreds of systems out there that need to be reset.  Remember that our beloved congress changed  DST, rendering many of the systems that had it built in to be outdated.  Customers weren't willing to pay for a software upgrade for something so basic, so most of them live with it.  Yes, we have plenty of customers who are perfectly happy with 20+ year old systems.

I'm still not of the belief that phone systems need to be replaced every 5-7 years, nor would I expect a customer to be.  Apparently, I'm among the minority.  It's things like these that the CGs use to scare people into buying IP or hosted IP toys that are "much more up to date".

Sorry for the side track, but YES, we did actually have a customer get approached by a hosted salesman who preached that their system even sets its own time.  Wow, they have to stoop that low to sell their goods?
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 11:05:06 AM »
I know we always have the friendly discussion about who is for or against daylight savings time, but I have my own solution!

It's called retire and make it any damn time you want..........it works very well! :011:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Offline Markk

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 11:59:51 AM »
Every day is Saturday and it's always noon.
Reliable Telephone Service

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 03:32:50 PM »

:054:

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 02:26:56 PM »

You haven't gotten the hang if it yet.  Once you do it'll be 5:00.   :011:
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 10:09:59 PM »
Couple of years ago the clock in the next town over's town square stopped at around 5:30PM. Cheap ass town couldn't come up with the money to have it fixed for a long time. Every time I drove past it I would remark "Ahh, Thornwood. Where it's always happy hour".

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music