Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoNotPay  (Read 307 times)

Offline Keighlar

DoNotPay
« on: February 29, 2020, 08:22:32 PM »
I like this idea.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking of testing it for a trial of Hulu.  I've heard Hulu can be quite aggressive with continuing to bill even after you've attempted to unsubscribe.

https://www.thundercloud.net/infoave/new/donotpay/
When you sign up for DoNotPay (Apple app or not) you’ll be able to generate a Free Trial Card. A Free Trial Card is a virtual credit card that you can use to sign up for free trials of any service and do so anonymously. You can try any service you want, and generate a DoNotPay Free Trial Card (virtual credit card) instead of using your real credit card.

So, when the free trial ends, the DoNotPay Free Trial Card automatically declines to be charged, thus ending your free trial.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: DoNotPay
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 10:40:10 PM »
Some places, I don't know about servies like Hulu, but some get a $1 authorization on the card to verify it's good.

Stacey I had an issue with GoDaddy a while back.  I was handing over the account which only had one domain in it to an old guy I'd been handling it for.  I purposely made a sererate accont for his domain instead of puttiing it in mine to make it easier, I thought, when it came time to hand it to him.  He had grown to the point that he could pay someone to handle it for him.  I had just been paying his renewals for years so my card was in the account.  GoDaddy will NOT let you remove a card until you put in another one.  So I took an Amex Gift Card and put it on the account.  Then immediately went to Amazon an bought myself an Amazon gift card for enough to totally burn out the Amex Gift Card clean.  Now GoDaddy can Go...well.  You get the idea.  :011:

Anyway that's another option if you get a Visa Gift Card.  I would have absolutely tried this service had I known about it!
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 07:21:53 AM »
Anyway that's another option if you get a Visa Gift Card.

I know many people who use this method.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline Keighlar

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 01:37:54 PM »
I think I'll give it a try with Hulu in the near future.  I'll let you know how it works out.  Around here, gift credit cards usually cost $4.95 for the card itself.  When my girls were younger, that's the route I would take when they wanted to sign up for online services so my credit card details weren't available to them for... misuse.   :066:  Now that they're older, it's no longer an issue, but I hated that base fee on the cards. 
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
Dr Seuss