Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mapped: How Much You Need to Retire Comfortably in Each State  (Read 337 times)

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Mapped: How Much You Need to Retire Comfortably in Each State
« on: January 24, 2020, 07:50:30 PM »
This is a recent article with a map that depicts the amount needed to retire in each state and the average retirement age. 

I thought it was intersting that the retirement age in Washington DC is the oldest.  Damn politicians that stay around forever.  :022:

Having enough savings to afford a comfortable retirement has been an issue for a long time now. In fact, some economists have recently estimated that millennials will face even a harder challenge and should save almost half of their income if they wish to retire at 65. However, the good news is that some parts of the country are friendlier on the wallet than others when it comes to retirement. Our newest visualization shows the average amount that a person will need to retire comfortably in each state, as well as the average retirement age by state.

https://howmuch.net/articles/cost-comfortable-retirement-america

-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: Mapped: How Much You Need to Retire Comfortably in Each State
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 08:00:03 PM »
Well... there's nowhere I can afford to live.  Certainly not NY!   :023:
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
― John Steinbeck

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 08:25:35 PM »
Well... there's nowhere I can afford to live.  Certainly not NY!   :023:

We need to all band together and buy a My Phone Techs compound somehwere in the mountains of Wyoming.  With this braintrust we can have a full machine shop, mechanic shop, radio shop, and likely many more shops that we don't want to admit publicly on-line.  :011:

-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 09:11:37 PM »
We need to all band together and buy a My Phone Techs compound somehwere in the mountains of Wyoming.  With this braintrust we can have a full machine shop, mechanic shop, radio shop, and likely many more shops that we don't want to admit publicly on-line.  :011:

I like that idea!  But I can... correct the compound's grammar?   :011:

(I know!  Don't start a sentence with a conjunction.  :066:)
“It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
― John Steinbeck

Online EV607797

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 12:45:57 AM »
I'll run the RJ45 classes.
Ed Vaughn

(540) 623-7100 (V)  (910) 835-3600 (F)
EMVaughn3@Outlook.com

Online MooreTel

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 05:54:05 AM »
I'll run the RJ45 classes.

OH, please do...

Glad I've got free medical up here...  :011:
Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 12:03:03 PM »
We need to all band together and buy a My Phone Techs compound somewhere in the mountains of Wyoming.

Trace......once again we think alike!  :066:

Several years ago I talked to a group of friends, where I pitched purchasing a large tract of land and being the general contractor, and divide it into several home sites. The savings could be tremendous (material wise) if you built 10 homes at the same time. Everyone liked the idea but all were not on the same page as to the location. I think Wyoming would be a great choice. I know I would not like the winters, but at this point in life I wouldn't be getting up and going to work!  :066: 
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 04:03:02 PM »
Oklahoma looks pretty good!   I was stationed at Ft. Sill years ago and liked it out there!   :054:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Offline NFCphoneman

• Jacksonville Telephone Systems
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 04:41:32 PM »
Oklahoma looks pretty good!   I was stationed at Ft. Sill years ago and liked it out there!   :054:

I went to Fort Sill last month. That was my first trip to Oklahoma. I'll go back one day, but probably not in winter. ;)

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 06:52:44 PM »
Tornado central. No Thanks.