Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Single Line Delayed Ring  (Read 217 times)

Offline TexasTechnician

Single Line Delayed Ring
« on: November 11, 2019, 02:26:17 PM »
On a SL2100 I have a single line ext. 109 that I want to ring directly when line 3 rings and delayed ring when lines 1 & 2 ring. I have put line 3 in IRG 2 and ext. 109 in the same IRG and it's working as I want.

I have assigned a virtual extension (251) on key 13 of ext. 109 and set it to ring delayed but it never rings. I dial ext. 251 and it never rings on ext. 109.

The system allows me to program it but I'm not sure single lines work like that. I have thought about forwarding a virtual ext. to 109 but I'm afraid it will ring on an incoming call with no delay.
Edit: I have forwarded a virtual ext to 109 for a no answer condition but it takes a very long time to ring when I dial ext. 252 and I have been unable to locate the timer. I have not been able to test it to see if line 3 rings delayed because they want me to wait until after business hours to test.

Is there another way to accomplish this?

Online Keighlar

• Tech II Business Services
Re: Single Line Delayed Ring
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 10:58:42 AM »
You can't put a VE on an SLT.  I wish you could.  :)

Forwarding a VE in 24-09 is the proper way.  24-02-03 (No Answer for Call Forward) and 24-02-04 (Ring Inward Recall Timer work in tandem.  24-02-03 must be shorter than 24-02-04.

The best way to do this it to upgrade the system software.  In Version 2 you can set up incoming ring group delay extensions in 22-04.
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
― Helen Keller

Offline oobie

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 11:53:46 AM »
Yup what Stacey said!
Gary Frisco

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 10:24:39 PM »
Thank you Stacey, Gary, & Trace. Gary & Trace are correct Stacey has never steered anybody wrong!

Stacey, the system is already on 2.0 and I saw the delayed IRG setting but I was using an older manual and I've just now downloaded the correct manual. I will read it tomorrow. I wish the manuals would go further into detailed explanations.

I think with the use of VE's and call forwarding I can dial it in.

Online Keighlar

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 08:36:33 AM »
Thanks guys.   :003:

Bobby... I'm emailing you a document that may help.
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
― Helen Keller

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 11:59:25 PM »
Got it and thank you very much!  :003:

Online Keighlar

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 07:10:10 AM »
Awesome!  :054:
― Helen Keller

Offline TexasTechnician

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 11:30:56 PM »
Update. I've been meaning to update this thread so here goes: I didn't realize that you can add extensions to multiple IRG's! (I think that's what Stacy was trying to tell me) That solved my problem by putting the extension in IRG's 1 & 2 with a 10 second delay for the IRG I wanted delayed ring on. No virtual extensions required. :003:

Online Keighlar

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 09:03:41 AM »
That version 2 upgrade was nice!   :054:
― Helen Keller