Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Imelda in Texas  (Read 126 times)

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
Imelda in Texas
« on: September 19, 2019, 06:06:40 PM »
I hope all our Texas friends are safe from the flooding.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Imelda in Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 07:42:25 PM »
Barely getting any rain here right now.  It's headed this way, but Texas is a big state.  The heavy stuff is still about 4 hours south of here. 

It's closer to Dave, but I don't think they're affected.  Headed more away from them I think. 
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 05:17:41 PM »
200 miles from here. Still so dry you can pull fence posts out of the ground. We could have used a little of it for sure.
Vertical Comdial Dx80 and  DX120 Voice Mail Repair/Compact Flash Cards
Comdial Debut Compact Flash Cards

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 08:38:05 PM »
We have been at the beach house in Nags Head for a week with no issues except a few days of strong wind from Umberto.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 07:16:59 PM »
Remember the post I made where all the RJ-45 connectors were toasted due to a redneck North East Texas roofing company?  Well, when Imelda blew up that way crap happened, AGAIN.  The top floor of office ended up with ceiling tiles falling through.  Water damage in the offices shorted out cameras, NVRs, PoE switches, and then things started getting bad.  I've warned the owners that they need to demand the roofer's insurance information because this is outside the monthly fees that we collect and it's going to be fugly.

Offline oobie

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 03:28:22 PM »
Remember the post I made where all the RJ-45 connectors were toasted due to a redneck North East Texas roofing company?  Well, when Imelda blew up that way crap happened, AGAIN.  The top floor of office ended up with ceiling tiles falling through.  Water damage in the offices shorted out cameras, NVRs, PoE switches, and then things started getting bad.  I've warned the owners that they need to demand the roofer's insurance information because this is outside the monthly fees that we collect and it's going to be fugly.
WOW!!
Gary Frisco

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 06:20:45 PM »
WOW!!

YEP!  Stay away from Asay Roofing if you're out in East Texas.