Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SiriusXM Satellite Radio  (Read 1071 times)

Offline TexasTechnician

Re: SiriusXM Satellite Radio
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 11:37:52 PM »
I have been a Sirius customer since 2010 and I really enjoy it in the truck and outside. They recently included the online as part of the monthly fee for the plan I'm on. I will say that there have been some channels that I used to enjoy that went away, such as audio books, but the primary one's I've always enjoyed are still there and the On Line channels are becoming nicer.

I DO NOT enjoy FM radio at all and haven't for many years and if it weren't for SiriusXM I too would be listening to CD's and the like! In fact I went for years with the antenna removed from my truck until I purchased the stereo I have now that has Sirius built in. The only reason I put it back was in case of emergency situations when I'm on the road. (And the mounting bolt was beginning to rust and I didn't want that.)

Offline ttech

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 06:32:50 AM »
I had it as a trial in my Chevy Volt.  After the trial ran out, I tried to cancel online but I couldn’t and it was gonna auto renew on the weekend do I down graded to the cheapest choice  I could make online.   After the $14  month was coming to an end,  I called and said I wanted to cancel  because i didn’t listen because the Beatles and greatful dead channel weren’t on any inexpensive plans.  They gave me a year of their best package for $5 a month plus taxes. 

Online liquidvw

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 07:05:47 AM »
Are you saying that you get 5 months for $30 or you pay $30 each month for 5 months? I do know that they have cheap packages that severely limit the channels you receive like the $8/mo one. I couldn't even get the trucker channel with that one.

-Hal

Its $5 per month for 5 months.  So total is $30 for 5 months with all the taxes.  You have to ask for it.  They usually dont offer this to you but might if you threaten to cancel.  The call will go something like this.  I make this call every 5 months.  Hi my subscription is up and I would like to cancel unless you can put me back on the 5 for 25 plan.  Agent usually tries to first sell you 2 or 3 other packages which work out to more per month.  You just keep saying no and only want the 5 for 25 plan.  After a few minutes you get that plan.  Just remember to put a reminder on your calendar as the plan will auto renew at normal rates.  I usually call 1 day before the 5 months expire, this way there is no chance of auto renew. 

Online CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2019, 07:34:01 AM »
Are you saying that you get 5 months for $30 or you pay $30 each month for 5 months? I do know that they have cheap packages that severely limit the channels you receive like the $8/mo one. I couldn't even get the trucker channel with that one.

-Hal

Its $5 per month for 5 months.  So total is $30 for 5 months with all the taxes.  You have to ask for it.  They usually dont offer this to you but might if you threaten to cancel.  The call will go something like this.  I make this call every 5 months.  Hi my subscription is up and I would like to cancel unless you can put me back on the 5 for 25 plan.  Agent usually tries to first sell you 2 or 3 other packages which work out to more per month.  You just keep saying no and only want the 5 for 25 plan.  After a few minutes you get that plan.  Just remember to put a reminder on your calendar as the plan will auto renew at normal rates.  I usually call 1 day before the 5 months expire, this way there is no chance of auto renew.

This is even better than the 12 month plan! Do you get the annoying programming interruptions warning you about the end of your service?  I will guess not since they want it to auto renew!
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online liquidvw

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2019, 07:44:21 AM »
This is even better than the 12 month plan! Do you get the annoying programming interruptions warning you about the end of your service?  I will guess not since they want it to auto renew!

No you dont get anything related to end of service.  Its the sirius select plan. So I get most channels and the app.