Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SiriusXM Satellite Radio  (Read 1077 times)

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
« on: August 20, 2019, 10:06:42 AM »
Does anyone here have SiriusXM Satellite Radio?

My trial (got it with the Ford Fusion) of Sirius is about to end and I'm not so sure it's all that great.

If you have it, or have had it in the past, what do you think of it?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Online hbiss

• Administrator
Re: SiriusXM Satellite Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 12:42:14 PM »
I have it in two vehicles- my Escape and my pick up. My wife mostly drives the Escape and I think she enjoys it, skipping around through the music channels she likes. Me? I mostly listen to the trucker channel. I don't know why, probably because it can be interesting at times even though I don't drive a big rig. When that gets boring I switch to jazz. At any rate it's better than what FM has become. The problem comes once a year when I have to justify in my mind paying almost $500 for it. It's like cable, you watch a few channels and pay over $250/mo for what?

So I guess the question is, do you like it?

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online telemarv

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 02:46:41 PM »
I use it  (and pay for it). I do a lot of rural driving. FM and digital commercials drive me nuts. I think I pay $16.00 per month for the basic level. I listen jazz, the old time radio programs and comedy.
Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Offline Skip555

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 03:39:19 PM »
I just rented a car that had it , I was kinda excited to try it , it was OK but I didnt look into subscribing .   I listen to Cd's and flash drive in the truck or Car
---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Offline silversam

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 04:46:39 PM »
I have it and like it. If I didn't have it, I would listen to my own music, podcasts and audio books.

However.....

Fran says she won't have a car without it, so.....

Sam

Online RATHER BE FISHING

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »
Call them and say you are turning it off. I get the service in one truck for $5.99 a month and the car for $4.99 a month. It is the basic Sirius package of around 80-90 music and talk channels. Just tell them to give you the cheap package or turn it off.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 09:15:44 PM »
I've had it on a couple of vehicles for years.  It was MUCH better when it was XM IMO.  Sirius DJs talk too much.  I did change to the "Mostly Music" package and cut down on what I was paying each year.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 07:25:39 AM »
They are down to $60 for 12 months plus taxes and royalties which will bring the total to $78 one time payment.

The hook is "automatic renewal" at the prevailing rates!  :035:  They have a better chance of seeing monkeys with wings fly out of my ass!
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington

“Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”   -John Adams

K4LRM

www.lscg.net

Online liquidvw

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 09:20:59 AM »
I have it since 1/9/2006.  I pay $25 ($30 after taxes) for 6 months for each radio.  Yes, it auto renewal but I put a note on my calendar every 5 months to call Sirius and threaten to cancel unless they give me the 5 months for $25 plan. 

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »
The hook is "automatic renewal" at the prevailing rates!  :035:  They have a better chance of seeing monkeys with wings fly out of my ass!

I should have mentioned that.  Sirius is pretty much the ONLY bill I pay by check.  I never use a credit card as when you process it saves the card for autorenewal.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 10:56:23 AM »

I should have mentioned that.  Sirius is pretty much the ONLY bill I pay by check.  I never use a credit card as when you process it saves the card for autorenewal.

I put a note on my calendar every 5 months to call Sirius and threaten to cancel unless they give me the 5 months for $25 plan.

Good to know.  :054:

Online liquidvw

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 11:22:54 AM »
I have it since 1/9/2006.  I pay $25 ($30 after taxes) for 6 months for each radio.  Yes, it auto renewal but I put a note on my calendar every 5 months to call Sirius and threaten to cancel unless they give me the 5 months for $25 plan.

Correcting this "I pay $25 ($30 after taxes) for 5 months for each radio."  Simply put you ask the for the 5 for 25 plan. 

Online hbiss

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2019, 11:50:52 AM »
Are you saying that you get 5 months for $30 or you pay $30 each month for 5 months? I do know that they have cheap packages that severely limit the channels you receive like the $8/mo one. I couldn't even get the trucker channel with that one.

-Hal
I gotta get out of this business...

COMSYSTEC- Phone Systems | paging systems | background music systems | foreground music systems | retail music | restaurant music

Online telemarv

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »
Unfortunately in Canada we get hosed by American services. Siruis, Netflix, Amazon, Apple all of them. They site copyright laws. and tariffs. We don't get half the content you do.
Marv CCNA

If people had more manners... we'd need fewer laws.

Offline CMDL_GUY

• Administrator
    • www.lscg.net
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2019, 08:20:57 PM »
It must be $30 for all 6 months.  My offer was $60 for 12 months. with taxes and royalties it will be $76 one time charge for all 12 months.  What they do with that deal is remove ESPN, NASCAR and Pandora.   You cannot pay by check, you must use a credit card. You can call and cancel within 7 days of the renewal date.  Right now they are interupting my listening with a message stating the service will end soon and to call their toll free number.

K4LRM

www.lscg.net