Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice on small , Portable paging system  (Read 102 times)

Online Skip555

Advice on small , Portable paging system
« on: August 06, 2019, 05:16:59 PM »
Suzi runs a small non profit , we give public talks weekly June-Aug then occasionally  after that. We need  a Portable paging unit that we can set up as needed .We are usually in the church hall , we have 50 to 100 people on average.

I'm looking at a couple on amazon .  Any other thoughts ? 

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07D5MQB6Z/?coliid=I4ODCQNG8SS21&colid=2RDOKXJRRGN0X&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

if we need to go cheaper

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00LNN1MBE/?coliid=I1VNUTSJ84NMI2&colid=2RDOKXJRRGN0X&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

---------------------------------------------
Skip

...Serving SW and West Central Fl since '84

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Advice on small , Portable paging system
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 06:41:16 PM »
This is probably more than you want, but I tend to stay with Bose.  I think this is the one I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-System-Package-ToneMatch-Digital/dp/B0052BIB9O/

If you need to know for sure I'll look at the model.  It's more, but I've been using it for auctions for years with great results.  Before that, you would hear the voice, but may not be able to understand what was being said over ambient room noise.  The worst was benefit auctions in hotel ballrooms with overhead speakers.  They were fine for playing music, but not to understand what a speaker was saying. 

Even in warehouses we don'tt seem to get an echo (idk why).  The voice also seems to follow you wherever you go.  We learned decades back that a cheap sound system is one of the most costly things you'll ever buy.  As for the ones you posted, again I'd stay with Bose.

That said, I do have one small handheld AudioVox I keep nearyby as a backup that works very well.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Online Skip555

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 07:32:03 PM »
Code: [Select]
We learned decades back that a cheap sound system is one of the most costly things you'll ever buy.
I agree , I heard once that buying a cheap tool just shows you that that tool doesn't work , same Idea . She said she is going with the cheap one though says she will return it if it doesn't work .   thats fine until it craps out half way into a presentation . I'll work on her a bit , that Bose looks good to me for the price.  (I should have started with yours  :066:)
Skip

Online MacGyver

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 08:39:38 PM »
 :011:  I get it, Skip.

I LOVE that one of mine.  Oh well.  Hopefully that one will work well for her. 
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.

Offline oobie

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 03:34:24 PM »
Pyle has been in the business for a long time.  And I know a few gigging acoustic acts that use there little traveler pa like the one below and they sound great.  Granted they are not your Bose but for the price you cannot go wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/Karaoke-Speaker-Mixer-System-8-Channel/dp/B07FMPPVVH/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=fender+passport&qid=1565209946&s=gateway&sr=8-4
Gary Frisco

Online Skip555

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 05:02:20 PM »
thanks Gary .

We already ordered the other one but Ill keep this bookmarked in case  what we ordered is  a POS , She is good about boxing things up and sending it back .

I think the Pyle might be a bit too complicated , its a bunch of not techie folks that do this , they  changes from time to time too. I have labels all over the laptop and projector telling them where to plug cords and what to do if the display doesn't come up and I still get occasional"HELP!!" calls
Skip