Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Headsets, lifters and SL2100  (Read 45 times)

Online Yoda

• Pro Shop Member
    • Tel-Comm Services
Headsets, lifters and SL2100
« on: July 11, 2019, 04:58:35 PM »
I've installed a handful of wireless headsets over the years. Some I've sold, some provided by the customer. Mostly used with the Nortel MICS and the hokey HL-10 lifter.

Since moving to NEC, I've used a Plantronics (forget the model #) with a Wireless Headset Adapter (WHA) on a DSX phone. Very neat, the adapter plugs in under the phone and not too many cords. And it got rid of the HL-10. Even did some on the SV9100, using their own special adapter cable. And I have a bunch of customer provided wireless Plantronics (various models) on a SL2100. Generally working fine. And I have a basket full of HL-10's.

I installed the last on a 2100. New CS540. Seemed to work ok for the last couple of weeks, but today they called and said it's not connecting the headset to the caller. They called Plantronics support, who told them it wouldn't work without the lifter. I'll stop on-site tomorrow to find out more.

The 2100 literature says the WHA is compatible with all Plantronics wireless headsets that support a headset lifter, including CS55, CS70, and some others. I asked NTAC for an updated list of current supported models, and they came back with the same list.

So, after my long sob story, does anyone have any other compatible models that work? Or another adapter/HL-10 replacement? Would really like the answer and hangup from the headset feature, without being at the phone.

Thank you.
Jim

Online Yoda

• Pro Shop Member
    • Tel-Comm Services
Re: Headsets, lifters and SL2100
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 07:30:52 PM »
The headset was working properly today when I stopped.   Double checked headset and handset connections. All ok. Will keep watching it.

Offline MacGyver

• Administrator
Re: Headsets, lifters and SL2100
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 08:07:34 PM »
If all was working and then it wasn't, I have to wonder if a user changed a phone setting.  There is a neat little button inside the programming software on the SL that allows you to default the extension back to what you have programmed.  I hit it often when users turn their ringers off.  Not sure if it'll help, but it's a neat thing to know about.
-I'm only here because my flux capacitor is broken.